Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Default Concerts

I know most people who share my kind of taste in music go to concerts a lot. My kind of music is, if you didn’t know, most kinds of metal. I have been to one concert, and people seem to find that strange. However, I don’t think I will go to a concert again, and do you know why?
    Firstly, because the music is way too loud. Sure, I do love metal, and I know metal isn’t supposed to be quiet, but that was just way too loud. Plus, the room where they played wasn’t even big. It was much smaller than the room where I have Physical Education at school. Which is, in short: Too small for them to play music in that loudly. I had earplugs, and still I stood holding my hands over my ears the entire concert. My arms hurt afterwards, but I didn’t want to turn deaf.
    Secondly, people are crazy. While I knew people tend to get a bit overly excited at concerts of that kind, that was just too much, at least for me. I hate crowds, and there were far too many people there for my liking, and too close to me as well.

But let‘s go on. What do you think about concerts (metal, goth, hardrock)? Do you think that the music is too loud? That people tend to be a bit too crazy?
    It's always the quiet ones..

I have never been to a concert and I don't think I ever will be. My reasoning is simple: I hate loud noise and I don't like being around idiots. From all I know about concert happenings (which is arguably not as much as a person who has actually been to a concert) is that they contain a little from column A and a little from column B.

I would be interested in going to a concert were it to be something of a classical nature. No mosh pits, no defeaning sound effects, etc. Just a simple "sit down and listen to the music happening around you" sort of thing.

But really, I don't think I'll go to one anytime soon.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I have never been to an actual gig. Ive been to a concert, but it was outdoors so It wasnt that bad. Im not saying who the concert was, IT IS EMBARRASING ;__;

I am, however, going to a Wednesday 13 gig in March, and maybe a Cradle Of Filth gig in April. They're gonna kill me, seriously. The mosh pits ;___;!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I have never been to a concert and I don't think I ever will be. My reasoning is simple: I hate loud noise and I don't like being around idiots. From all I know about concert happenings (which is arguably not as much as a person who has actually been to a concert) is that they contain a little from column A and a little from column B.

I would be interested in going to a concert were it to be something of a classical nature. No mosh pits, no defeaning sound effects, etc. Just a simple "sit down and listen to the music happening around you" sort of thing.

you have a vary sad life dont you?:rolleyes2 i never been but i so want to go lol im all for what you said. but i like the hard core as well lol loud noises, pushy people and all that jazz lol it's like NYC but in 1 spot lol and a band lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel From Heaven View Post

you have a vary sad life dont you?:rolleyes2 i never been but i so want to go lol im all for what you said. but i like the hard core :skull::skull::skull::skull: as well lol loud noises, pushy people and all that jazz lol it's like NYC but in 1 spot lol and a band lol
    No, not really. I can spell "very".

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel From Heaven View Post

you have a vary sad life dont you?:rolleyes2 i never been but i so want to go lol im all for what you said. but i like the hard core as well lol loud noises, pushy people and all that jazz lol it's like NYC but in 1 spot lol and a band lol
    No, not really. I can spell "very".
    great can you spell loser too. cuz i can. here i go "you" XD

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think concerts can be too loud, generally. I wish the music was just a bit quieter, as I think it would actually be easier to hear what instruments are doing what and make the entire thing more enjoyable. Of course, depending on what kind of concert it is, you can possibly simply get further away.

At a small (indoors) concert I went to on Friday, one alternative band was loud, but really enjoyable, while the next band, which was indie/experimental, was easily twice as loud and absolutely unbearable. It was really just random thrashing and , and I don't see how anybody could like it. It would've been at least tolerable if it'd been quieter. And then Contraband played, and it was a perfect volume and awesome.

I would like to go to a concert, but not of really loud music. I'd be more likely to want to see ones from someone like Jason Mraz.

Dark Angel From Heaven, and Bunny:
    If you two are planning on keeping insulting each other, I would recommend that you do it with PMs, NOT this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I think concerts can be too loud, generally. I wish the music was just a bit quieter, as I think it would actually be easier to hear what instruments are doing what and make the entire thing more enjoyable. Of course, depending on what kind of concert it is, you can possibly simply get further away.

At a small (indoors) concert I went to on Friday, one alternative band was loud, but really enjoyable, while the next band, which was indie/experimental, was easily twice as loud and absolutely unbearable. It was really just random thrashing and , and I don't see how anybody could like it. It would've been at least tolerable if it'd been quieter. And then Contraband played, and it was a perfect volume and awesome.
    Unfortunately, I stood in the very front, AND pretty much right under the loudspeaker... We (myself and some others) came there early, so we got "good" places to stand.
    Near the end of the concert, I actually managed to get away, by going over the "fence" and out. Still, while I stood in another room, the music was VERY loud. I don't really understand why they have to play so loud music people get Tinitus...

You really can't base all concerts on one seemingly bad experience. I've been to a few concerts and I've found that usually the band sounds better when the concert is outdoors. It seems that the sound just isn't all that great in a small venue. I personally find concerts to be a blast, especially when the band sounds as good if not better live than on their album. I don't know, I just really enjoy the experience of a concert.

I think this describes all of my thoughts on this topic. If something interesting happens to be playing in the local concert halls I might go, but then again I might not because I doubt they will let me in for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythra View Post
    You really can't base all concerts on one seemingly bad experience. I've been to a few concerts and I've found that usually the band sounds better when the concert is outdoors. It seems that the sound just isn't all that great in a small venue. I personally find concerts to be a blast, especially when the band sounds as good if not better live than on their album. I don't know, I just really enjoy the experience of a concert.
    I'm not saying all concerts are bad, I was just asking what people think, if they also find that some concerts are too loud for their own good.

Yes, as I said, it was indoors, in a room which was too small. It probably would have been much better outdoors, because the room was far too small to be playing the music that loudly.

Banned

What band did you see? And volume varies depending on the band and the venue.

Soilwork..

Blog Entries

Well no offence to metal bands but sometimes they just sound terrible live. Ive been to quite a few concertes verying in genre. I've seen the Manic Street Preachers 3 times and they are amazing live. The music isn't loud and i generally enjoy myself. I've also seen Avenged Sevenfold they were also quite good, sure a little loud but it was bearable. Ive also seen a 3rd wave ska band whee about 18 people were watching. Its one of the best gigs I've been to you dont have 6ft tall guys standing in front of me with there sweaty armpits in my face and we all had room to enjoy a very good band. As for you gusy who say you wont go to a concert because of the 'idiots' then i suggest thats a wrong reason. You get a few idiots mostly by the front of the stage jumping in and out of moshpits. Simply stand back at the bar and you get a better view anyway and stand by the sound box, thats the best quality sound your gonna get cus there mixing the damn thing xD. And you can't blame some peopel fro getting excited at gigs thats what there there for some people like to go and let loose, why not? It's there life sure I've had drunks bang into me and swear at me but you have to take it with a pinch of salt and laugh of it. That's what concerts are about.
    Oh and talking about loud bands. I recently went to my friends band practise who have two 'screamers' two guitarists a drummer and a bassist. They were rehearshing in a small sound proof room....ouch my ears hurt! x] Anyway im gonna shut up now. =D
    xxxx
    If I turn my back I'm defenceless, and to go blindly seems senseless.