Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate on Paladin Cecil so much?

Banned

Seriously, Cecil's Paladin look is really cool and original.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin IV View Post
    Wow. Here I thought people thinking that Squall and Cloud being the same character was as bad as it got. Apparently now Cecil and Cecil are two different characters.

Guess I was wrong.
    If you don't see the character difference in Paladin Cecil and Dark Knight Cecil you should probably stop playing video games.

Growth and character development do not = different characters

If you can't understand that you should probably put down the controller and go read a book.

Wow. Here I thought people thinking that Squall and Cloud being the same character was as bad as it got. Apparently now Cecil and Cecil are two different characters.

Guess I was wrong.
    I don't think you should read a book just play the game another time and make sure you notice that Cecil changes on that one mountain where you fought scarmiglone...i think. (it's better than reading a book.
    :rabite: :luigi: :mario:the day will come....................................(holding the suspense).......

Guess I was wrong.
    Fear not, Kenshin. We're all fully aware of the fact that whether he's a Paladin or a Dark Knight, Cecil is the same human being.

I dunno, Cecil seems to possess the exact same benevolent nature in his Dark Knight form as his Paladin. In fact, being a Paladin doesn't seem to make him any more religious and righteous, which I find odd.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

The most important point that has not been considered here is:

Edge > Cecil.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's the purple hair.

And Kain > Edge, therefore Kain > Cecil. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
    Fear not, Kenshin. We're all fully aware of the fact that whether he's a Paladin or a Dark Knight, Cecil is the same human being.
    I'm sure a few are fully aware. Dunno about the remainder. The human mind may shock you.

Quote Originally Posted by (CECIL120X View Post
    I don't think you should read a book just play the game another time and make sure you notice that Cecil changes on that one mountain where you fought scarmiglone...i think. (it's better than reading a book.
    My point just made.

Dark Knight Cecil looks cooler.
    His portrait matches his overworld/battle sprite.
    Dark Wave is more useful than Cover or Cecil's crap white.
    Were more equipment available, I would opt for Dark Knight Cecil.
    Paladin Cecil is still pretty cool though. Hellabetter than some main characters.
    Sigless

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

Ive always really liked Paladin Cecil and Cecil overall due to his archetypal nice guy character...plus ive always found Cecil to be an interesting and mysterious character in FF as you get virtually no back story but yet he still seems intresting and worthy of his position as a protaganist!

I'll amit Dark wave rocks
    But i still prefere paldin Cecil as he is more like the ff1 Knight (low level white magic) plus i prefer to use his Mp to use tellport, rather than waste Rosa's Mp. Plus i can use His to heal out of battle. rather than in battle.
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Paladin Cecil could've been way more better and Dark Knight had flaws too. Paladin Cecil does not know hardly any white magic spells All I've had throughout the entire game are Cure1,Cure2,Exit,Sight and Esuna. There might've been maybe two others one, but he misses the ones he really needs like Life1, Life2, Cure3. It really sucks that he doesn't have them. He doesn't have Holy either and he calls himself a holy knight.

Dark Cecil was useless against undead and his dark attack cost him some of his HP which was also a flaw.
    But overall I still prefer Paladin over Dark Knight.

Yellow Winged Angel

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't know why anyone would hate Paladin Cecil.

Letter A: He looks just as cool, if not, cooler.
    Letter 2 xp: The transformation was necassary for the story to continue and was pretty fitting
    Letter C: Protecting weaken members was a god-send when trying to do a no random encounters game. You could use armor on Cecil while everyone else was in critical (make sure he's in the backrow), the enemy would attack, Cecil would block, and receive 1-20 damage. It crushed Calabrina, and many other only attack bosses. Plus his Esuna is nice.