Thread: Stuck -Advice, Tips and Strategy Ideas needed!

Default Stuck -Advice, Tips and Strategy Ideas needed!

Hello =D
    So anyway, I'm stuck on the part where you are in the Hills of Narshe after being re-united with your fellow team-mates. This is the part where you must stop Kefka's troops from getting to Banon and ultimately getting to the Esper. Also you are required to beat Kefka who is at the bottom of the hills guarded by two troops. Very Bahamut Lagoon-ish.

I've talked to friends of mine about this part and they have just laughed at me, saying it's very easy. Still, I'm finding it difficult.
    So what I want to hear from you are any tips, strategy ideas or just plain advice.
    e.g How to group my characters?
    Should I attack Kefka before or after his incoming troops are destroyed?
    Do you have ideas for a strategy I could use for Kefka?
    Where should I have the groups set up to encounter the troops?

I'm greatful for any information you can give me. Thank you for your time.

PS: Just to help you, the characters who need to be grouped in the three groups are:
    Terra, Locke, Cyan, Edgar, Sabin, Celes and Gau.
    Last edited by Aqua Mage; 01-31-2007 at 12:55 PM.
    My pet thing, Janice.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

For this 3-way battle I always create a "super party" to take out all of the soldiers and put the remaining people in two parties to block Banon just in case a soldier sneaks by me.

My super group consists of:
    Terra, Celes, Edgar and X.

Terra has Fire, Celes has Ice and Edgar has the Auto-Crossbow so it's real easy to wipe out groups of enemies in seconds. As for the remaining member, it depends upon how I feel like playing. If Gau has the Bomb, Ghost or Stray Cat rage then I use him (for Fire 2, Bolt 2 or Cat Scratch, respectively). Otherwise I usually pick Sabin or Cyan for some good old fashioned melee damage.

Also, having Celes in the party that fights Kefka at the end of the 3-way battle makes it very easy because she can use Runic the entire fight and absorb all of Kefka's magic attacks, making him pretty useless so you can hammer away at him.

Hope this helps.
    Figaro Castle

Usually I only use two groups. One group to attack Kefka and another to defend Banon. The third group contains one character that kinda just hangs around. This one is usually Gau cause I don't use him ever for some reason.

Group 1: Sabin, Edgar, Terra
    Group 2: Locke, Celes, Cyan
    Group 3: Gau

Group 1 goes around and takes care of most of the different groups, usually easily enough because they have the best equipment possible. Auto Crossbow is a necessity here. It makes things INCREDIBLY easy. Save magic, etc. Sabin blasts things with the strongest Blitz move he has. Don't defeat ALL mobs, that's a waste of time. Just defeat maybe 3-4, 5 if you feel it is necessary.

Group 2 just hangs back and defends Banon. Make sure they have okay equipment, decently leveled, etc. Check back on them every once and awhile to make sure you are prepared just in case they are going to get attacked. Don't move them.

Group 3 just remains ignored. Make sure he's enough out of the way so he doesn't get attacked.

Worked for me, it can work for you.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Group 1: Edgar and Celes - Bio Blaster kills the soldiers in one hit, Celes uses Ice magic on the dogs. I use that to take down all of the green soldiers.

Group 2: Gau and Terra: Pterodon rage kills things with fireballs. Terra for healing.

Group 3: Sabin, Cyan, and Locke: They stand around in the "worst case scenario" where one group would go fall down boom. It's pretty overpowered, but lacks the ability to heal. Good for a last-ditch effort.

I've managed to win every fight with just Celes and Edgar tho'

hvaeing the right rages with gau once saved me from loseing this battle. normalyl i dont find it too difficult but it was hard the oen time and gua who i never use ended up svaeing me. try working sabins blitzs some can really pack a punch.

but a sabin edgar cyan locke party shjould be able to take him out.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Wow, thank you for all your helpful input. I'll try all of these strategies and see if I have any lucky.

Any other input is welcome and appreciated.

EDIT: I finally passed that part using Flying Mullet's super team strategy. Thank you everyone for your help.
    Last edited by Aqua Mage; 02-01-2007 at 11:54 AM.
    My pet thing, Janice.