Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: am i right or am i right?

My personal opinion is that most people reviewing these kinds of games aren't likely to be fans of RPGs.

There is a book called "The Videogames Guide" by a man called Matt Fox, and in that he reviews FFVII. He states that he's probably not the best kind of person to review the game, and he backed up what he said by adding that he's never played any of the others. In his review, he mentioned that so many people raved about it, but he gave it four stars out of five. Someone who loves RPGs, including the FF series, would have probably given it five. I would have. FFVII is my favourite out of all those I've played: IV through to X-2 so far.

Now, someone who's more of an FPS player but also plays some RPGs (namely Final Fantasy), would probably be more inclined to slate a game like Dirge of Cerberus. My ex said he liked it, but stated that the way it played was nothing compared to other shooters. One of his friends played it and said "Oh! It's Perfect Dark."

Signature removed for exceeding the 50 KB filesize limit and far exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

If you've ever played a decent shooter before, you see how mediocre this game is.

who think it would of been better as a rpg then? i dont think it would of

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

definetly not the best... but at least the storyline is amazing.

Gamespot is mental. They said it didn't develop on Vincent's past enough.

the game developed on everything needed (what did they want, his first day at school?).

and Sephiroth is in it for like 2 seconds o.O

edit: The customization is deep and valid. Because everything is pretty based on statistics of Vincent as to raw skill. it probably wasn't the best idea for SE to label it a Third Person Shooter. I't is at best probably an Real Time RPG thingy.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

well im glad you didnt see the x-play review you would have gotten really mad, it got a 2 out of 5 stars
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aerisfantatic View Post
    well im glad you didnt see the x-play review you would have gotten really mad, it got a 2 out of 5 stars

theyre all stupid, though it could have been more challenging....
    but thats not what this thread is about...i never gave anyone the option to say what they didnt like about it...i said "am i right or am i right?" and i meant it...so hey

I am not a man

C'mon C'mon

You're wrong.

You're wrong. I think this game is bad. It's not one of the worst games I played through.

I think it's a great game aswell.

i like the game i have played it a few times i think the story makes it

You cant say its a bad RPG or a bad FPS its a sorta hybrid tbh.
    George 'G-lamb' Lambert<span style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #555555; text-decoration: none;">&nbsp;|&nbsp;</span>Create your badge

<3 G3ORGE Loves Klauski <3 -->

I wouldn't go so far as labeling it best.

I think Squee should try again. And for anyone still saying Final Fantasy VII should die now, I will hunt you down and slice off your fingers. That's a promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as labeling it best.

I think Squee should try again. And for anyone still saying Final Fantasy VII should die now, I will hunt you down and slice off your fingers. That's a promise.

Agreed.....ill take the toes

No...

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Looks like it's a no-win situation, since if you think this game indicates that FFVII should not die now, I will cut off your thumbs, then toss you your precious Dirge of Cerberus.

As an RPG, it sucks. As a FPS, it sucks. If they were trying to create a hybrid game that combines the best of both worlds, they would've failed miserably. However, one thing I can say about it is, it succeeded in its real goal, which was to make money off fanpeople who will say a game is brilliant because it has "FFVII" in its title. I could say more, but I'll not have my post edited by an admin.