Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Windows Vista

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Why, I was always more fond of the "back" button. In fact, I've always wanted backspace to preform the "back" action instead of "up one level".
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

The Up button is gone, yes. They switched to using "breadcrumbs". Each part of the pathname is clickable. (Copied off of Linux, looks like to me. Though maybe Linux copied someone else itself.) So when you're looking at C:\Users\Chester you can click the "C:", "Users", or "Chester" to either of those three directories. It works but it's no better in my opinion than what was there before and it requires relearning something that's ingrained habit for tons of people. There's no reason to get rid of the Up button. They could have left both.

Back doesn't help you if you're in the habit of typing pathnames manually or using favorites to jump into folders. It only helps you if you have a habit of starting at a low level and browsing to a deeper level, every single time.

Good luck playing non-copywritten music on you're computer with Vista, apparently it fries your sound card so the sound sounds like when you played bootlegged material. Same thing for movies.
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Taurus I got plenty of un-copyrighted music on vista atm, the majority of it actually since I am missing a load of cds for various reasons. It works fine, only had problems with one album.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

I'm currently donwloading Vista now...i just hope that i wont have to activate it on the net...because we all know that means my computer will be frozen.

I'll probably be using Windows XP until MS quits supporting it. Vista is just a little too power hungry when it comes to hardware in my opinion. I think I currently meet the minimum for Vista Premium or whatever it is.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by - - - TAURUS - - - View Post
    Good luck playing non-copywritten music on you're computer with Vista, apparently it fries your sound card so the sound sounds like :skull::skull::skull::skull: when you played bootlegged material. Same thing for movies.
    Source on that.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?