Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How are FFXII and Tactics alike?

Those espers have been busy mastermining a scheme to make a new Final Fantasy.

(has anyone else noticed all FF final battles have to do with a summon or a summon plays a large role in the storyline? 1,4,5 have bad ass espers. FF6 has them play a large role in the story. Nothing in FF7. FF8 there was Griever and they played a role in the story. FF9 was all about them summons and so was FF10. Nothing in FFx-2. And 12 didn't have them play as important roles but they were storyline bosses.)

Eh just something I realized.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Wait, does FF1 even have summons? Although even with FFs without Summons, there are monsters or bosses that make appearances as Summons in other FFs.

I just realized that there's an Unexplored Land called the Shrine of Chaos. Oo...spooky.

Summons didn't appear until FFIII, though Bahamut appeared in FFI and Leviathan in FFII
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

DON'T FORGET! It clearly states in FFT that in the past machinery was powered by magic, NETHICITE?!. Also remember how in FF12 people get controlled by the nethicite, OMG like FFT!

Also, if u put FFT's map(in perportion to FF12's) next to FF12's they match up.

One more thing. The map up there explains a lot, but wtf happened to the seeq, nu mou, bangaa, and vierra. Also, if u recall. It says in FFt that Ajora was a simple spy who got caught up with big problems* happens/ FFT background story* CHURCH makes new religon as Ajora being the prophet so the people will believe everything the church says and not know what really happened to Ivalice.Also, Does Mist have anything to do with the Lucavi? It is also possible Ajora was one of those spy people in Archades and got caught up with big problems, and after everything was solved a church was founded so the people of Ivalice never knew what REALLY happened. That would make since if Mist had a connection with Lucavi, and Archadia has been smurfing with mist/nethicite.

One more thing. The map up there explains a lot, but wtf happened to the seeq, nu mou, bangaa, and vierra. Also, if u recall. It says in FFt that Ajora was a simple spy who got caught up with big problems* happens/ FFT background story* CHURCH makes new religon as Ajora being the prophet so the people will believe everything the church says and not know what really happened to Ivalice.Also, Does Mist have anything to do with the Lucavi? It is also possible Ajora was one of those spy people in Archades and got caught up with big problems, and after everything was solved a church was founded so the people of Ivalice never knew what REALLY happened. That would make since if Mist had a connection with Lucavi, and Archadia has been smurfing with mist/nethicite.

by map i meant ur timeline.
    Last edited by Shlup; 02-19-2007 at 01:49 AM. Reason: qp

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

One post at a time, boss. *merges*

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

Well, moogles were extinct in FFT, so maybe the others went the way of the dodo as well (or migrated away). Then again, I'll bet there's going to be a huge disparity in the timelines, especially since Vagrant Story seems to have a connection as well.

I love you guys. <3
    Ever since I found out XII was taking place in Ivalice, I was waiting to hear if there were going to be names mentioned, from Tactics.
    However Magus, I don't think the timeline is quite like 1000+ years, due to the fact that Balthier pops up in FFT:The Lion War. Unless ofcourse that's his father, or some BS like that.
    Where does Tactics Advanced fit into all this? And Vagrant Story...After XII? Before tactics and XII? interesting stuff.

Maybe this should be moved to General Square?

Well Montblanc from FFTA appears in ff12 so FFTA must occur within a short period of time from ff12
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Since Balthier shows up, I do have a feeling that the 2 stories are taking place at generally the same time.

One more thing of interest. Technology, such as airships, are no longer around in FFT, because the creators of those, the Moogles, are extinct.
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

If I remember correctly, most people asume the timeline to be somewhat like this:

FF XII => FF XII: RW => FFT => Vagrant Story => FFTA => FFTA2 (rumored to take place 20 years after FFTA)

I actually find it great that there's at least some sort of 'series' in the FF series that together builds up one timeline/universe. Matsuno was indeed briliant.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    If I remember correctly, most people asume the timeline to be somewhat like this:

FF XII => FF XII: RW => FFT => Vagrant Story => FFTA => FFTA2 (rumored to take place 20 years after FFTA)

I actually find it great that there's at least some sort of 'series' in the FF series that together builds up one timeline/universe. Matsuno was indeed briliant.
    that looks about right except i would expect TA (and TA2 then I guess) to take place before XII, as it had Montblanc before his clan was famous and Giza Plains.

The whole Balthier appears in FFT could be time travel. Much like what Cloud did.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Although certainly Cloud traveled through space I didn't see anything that indicated he traveled in time.

Its nothing more than a Cameo to excite FF XII Fans into picking the Game up. Most likely nothing that effects the Story.