Thread: Ahriman

Default Ahriman

This boss makes me very mad just by looking at it, it is so hard that I fought him for a week and still can't beat him. So can anyone give me some advice? These are the stats of my characters.

Vaan: Level 34 Platinum Sword Dragon Shield
    Ashe: Level 33 Kogarasumaru Katana
    Balthier: Level 34 Ras Algethi
    Fran: Level 33 Burning Bow
    Penelo: Level 33 Orchalcum Dirk Platinum Shield
    Basch: Leveln 33 Sword of Kings

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

You're too underleveled. I'm surprised you made it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Cloud View Post
    This boss makes me very mad just by looking at it, it is so hard that I fought him for a week and still can't beat him. So can anyone give me some advice? These are the stats of my characters.

Basch: Level 33 Sword of Kings
    :sweatdrop OK so your level is a little low but you still might be able to hack it.
    1: remove all your attack gambits so your party only attacks your target.
    2: cast all protective magic you have eg. shell ,protect, Regen ,bubble, haste
    3: focus all your attacks on Ahriman only
    4: cast slow on him (and steal all he has of course)
    5: remove all status aliments and keep Regen on when his health is +_ 45% / 50% use your quickening to finish him 8 - 10 might take him down.:twak:

I was at the same level when I beat him. He is a bitch.
    If it gets really hard I suggest going back to Rabanastre and buying that accessory from the clan vendor that reverses item effects. (Nipo-something) A remedy should give you an advantage over him for awhile. Make sure to buff yourself too. The end of the battle can get rough, so if you must use a quickening wait til his health bar is really low (he'll start using Master Eye).

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

nihopaloa only costs like ~20000 gil

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Cloud View Post

Basch: Leveln 33 Sword of Kings

Well, I had everyone at about 34-35 except for Vaan (41), and I beat it the first time I fought it, which was yesterday. I had everyone equipped with a Hammerhead axe except for Basch and Penelo(Francisca) and Vaan (Diamond Sword), and either the Dragon Shield or Crystal Shield. I just put everyone in haste and started wacking away until I got his hp down about half and then tried the mist chain, which this time I couldn't build it up far enough. So then I switched everyone out and tried the same thing with the freshies, and still wasn't able to build up a big chain, but it did get his hp pretty low. By this time he had started dividing and I had about 7 copies of himself ganging up on me. I just kept wacking away at one of them and phoenix down-ing and got him just before everyone died. So, yeah, there was some luck involved in my strategy, but it worked. I don't care about having different weapons for everyone, I just want them to all have the weapon with the highest attack power. And, when I get a bow with high attack power I just let everyone get liscensed to use it in case I come across a bad flying dude.
    NO SIGNATURE NEEDED!!

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

i dunno why you are having such a hard time... i was a little higher in level terms but i was fighting with bad weapons. I had Ashe at 39 but every one else is 34. If you keep the status ailments off you and quicken him when he has 30% hp remaining, you should be fine

I start out the battle with Fran,Penelo, and Basch and start chowing down on his hp usually he starts doing big damage so Fran uses her gambit and Curaga on a character hp 50% below then eventually at about half way may characters are beat and I run out of mp. Once he starts making things hard I start reviving with raise. Eventually they die out so I use Vaan Balthier and Ashe to help. I either start out with a Quickening Chain (That I usually screw up on) Then start trampling him. If not I then use the original tactic and keep whacking him then he uses a maser eye which completely wipes them out one after and another then I lose. I've gotten as close as where I can just use a couple of hits to kill him but then I can't use it.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

I beat em at level 30. So just keep trying.

I only started leveling up again when I couldn't beat Dr Cid but even then I still beat him at level 35...

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

That was one of the bosses that ticked me off the most...it's been a while so i can't tell you what levels my characters were...but seeing as I only used Vaan, Ashe, and Bashe throughout the game (yes foolish but i managed to get through it ><)

All i did was stock up on phoenix downs and remedys and make sure you have remedy lore 2/3 whichever heals doom status and maybe set gambits to auto-use them if you think its necessary

..ahriman. I beat him at level 30 something too. Make sure all of the characters use healing when anyone's HP is below 70%. That's how i beat it. If they run low on MP, use that technik or ethers.

When i tryed fighting ahriman i lost about 7 or 8 times once i beat him went out of the area only to hit a sten needle trap and have everyone die. But thats a different story anyway at that point in the game i had given my vaan 3 quickenings so i summoned maetus 3 times in a row and let him do the work, just make sure maetus doesnt die tooo quickly. Anyways when i did this i got him to about 30 percent hp and then use quickening to knock the crap out of him. Makes you feel reeeeal good when you beat him even better than when you beat penance.
    IM GONNA DRAGON KICK YOUR ASS INTO THE MILKY WAY