Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats there to hate about cloud and squall?

Default Whats there to hate about cloud and squall?

Ive never understood why people always think that these two characters are emo's, when squall is anti-social, and cloud is confused about his past. so can someone please explain to me, whats so emo about that?
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Its because everyone that isnt happy and problem free nowadays is considered "emo"... No really, I can identify myself with Squall a lot of times actually.. Hes cold, SO WHAT? SO ARE NORMAL PEOPLE, does that make him emo? Nope, it makes him just another guy who doesnt care so much about others (until Rinoa comes along)

As for the Cloud and Sephiroth thing.. I honestly think its sort of a "evanescence" effect.. this consists of something being hated because its popular.. and people outright say it sucks because others said so too

I have to go with the "if you cant understand them, go away and dont play the game"

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

nothings wrong with a bit of emoism, they cany help it

I am not a man

there is something wrong with a bit of emoism! but cloud and squall aren't emos, especially cloud.

"oh, squall's wearing black n he doens't talk to anyone so he must be an emo" . . . tard!

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Blog Entries

I never thought of any ff character as emo(except Quina :P)

i don’t have a problem with either of them at least they weren’t like Tidus.

I must have missed it when Cloud and Squall became the same character. I thought them being absolutely nothing alike made them nothing alike, BUT FANBOYS AND GIRLS TELL ME NO SO I GUESS I'S WRONG HERE EL OH EL!!

To me, Cloud and Squall couldn't have been made any better. They are 'perfect' as they are and are not 'emo' Cloud's emotions, problems, and storys are to me 100% wanted by me...(In other words, I would become Cloud if I could). As for Squall, I actually havn't played the Final Fantasy he's in....If anyone tells me I will try to get it and play it and deside then...but from what I can tell in Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2, he's awsome....but not better than Cloud...not by a long shot!!!!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

As this thread is about characters from more than one Final Fantasy, it belongs in General FF. And with that out of the way, carry on.

the characters are perfectly made for the game they are in. Squall is one of the most realistic displays of an actual person. For this statement I will once again be called a Squall fanboy.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Ive never understood why people always think that these two characters are emo's, when squall is anti-social, and cloud is confused about his past. so can someone please explain to me, whats so emo about that?
    Yes, i never understood that too(about Squall at least). But Cloud, he is totally emo. In AC he is not confused about his past anymore, but he still found another excuse to be sad. Was obvious that Zack and Aerith's deads weren't his fault, but he still convinced himself of the contrary, just to be sad. Finding excuses to be sad all the time, is being emo.
    Last edited by The Crystal; 02-08-2007 at 07:35 AM.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

What's there to hate? They're pretty boring characters, and I for one cannot stand them.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

ok, i am sorry, i was stereotyping and i didnt put that i was, but if people call me an emo, they will def. call them emos!!!
    ok, they arent emo, for all of those i seemed to have angered
    nothings wrong with them, i feel sorry for them cos most of my friends like either one of them, or both! *shudder* run boys run!!!

I am not a man

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

i dont know i played ff7-ff12 and there isnt one character i didnt like or couldnt stand i think people didnt like them cause they shut people out but in both games eventuallythey both came around so their might be a deeper meaning, or maby people would have preferd to have different protagonist to constantly play as

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't mind either too much (I wish both their pasts could have been better written and more cohesive but alas...) I don't think either are really emo except in the KH more Cloud than Squall though. To me, emo is being depressed, gloomy, and suicidal all for the sake of getting attention. The person doesn't have any real problems but they convince themselves (and others) they do. I mean, Cloud and Sephiroth's relationship with each other in KH doesn't really make any sense with the context of the story.