Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best YTMND ever.

Ugh. YTMND should be purged from this earthly plane. The Best YTMND is like the best stomach virus. It's still disgustingly unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    YTMND fails, [STRIKE]4chan[/STRIKE] 7chan REPRESENT!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

eew, 7chan.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Ugh. YTMND should be purged from this earthly plane. The Best YTMND is like the best stomach virus. It's still disgustingly unpleasant.
    I genuinely fail to see how you can blanket hate YTMNDs. It's like blanket hatred of books or something. The medium matters, but the the content matters a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I genuinely fail to see how you can blanket hate YTMNDs. It's like blanket hatred of books or something. The medium matters, but the the content matters a lot more.
    When people find the medium itself annoying, blanket hatred is perfectly acceptable. YTMNDs may have decent messages and points of view, but the way they put them across is extraordinarily annoying to some people. Thus the blanket hatred. They hate the medium, not the content, because the medium is so irritating that the content is never considered.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

very much so, they made billy joel sound good

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    When people find the medium itself annoying, blanket hatred is perfectly acceptable. YTMNDs may have decent messages and points of view, but the way they put them across is extraordinarily annoying to some people. Thus the blanket hatred. They hate the medium, not the content, because the medium is so irritating that the content is never considered.
    Yes, and I cannot fathom how an entire medium could be annoying. A picture, sound, and sometimes some text. Yeah, really gonna grind someone's gears, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian The Pink Shark View Post
    very much so, they made billy joel sound good
    He already sounds good.

Yes, and I cannot fathom how an entire medium could be annoying. A picture, sound, and sometimes some text. Yeah, really gonna grind someone's gears, huh?
    A tiled picture, and constantly repeated sounds can get on some people's nerves very quickly. Different people have different tolerances for such things. Some are driven nuts by it, others enjoy it.

Anyway, there are plenty of examples of the importance of the medium over the substance in everyday life. You have to look through the medium to reach the content, and a bad medium can prevent that from happening very easily.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I approve.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A tiled picture, and constantly repeated sounds can get on some people's nerves very quickly. Different people have different tolerances for such things. Some are driven nuts by it, others enjoy it.
    Eh, I guess I see what you're saying. I think these people are silly, but *Shrugs*

At any rate, Shlup likes, so... yeah. Clearly a winner.

Eh, I guess I see what you're saying. I think these people are silly, but *Shrugs*

At any rate, Shlup likes, so... yeah. Clearly a winner.
    Not silly at all. Look at this example to see my point: You wish to open a bank account, so you visit two bankers. One is dressed like a slob, the other is dressed in a conservative suit. Which will you use to open the account? The conservatively dressed one. Their outfit has no bearing on their banking skills, yet it will have a profound effect on how they are judged and who does business with them. The content (their skills as a banker) will not matter without a decent container (their outfit and how they present themselves). Some containers simply affect different people to differing degrees. The formats that are used by YTMNDs are a container that turn some people away before they can ever see the content. You may disagree with their opinion in that matter, but that doesn't make them silly.

Blog Entries

Internet nonconformity has suddenly stretched to ytmnd

there was a picture here

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arucard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrowaBartonIV ^_^ View Post
    These things should be banned from the internet. I have yet to see a YTMD that actually made me laugh.
    I second that.
    Thirded or however many other peiople agreed.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not silly at all. Look at this example to see my point: You wish to open a bank account, so you visit two bankers. One is dressed like a slob, the other is dressed in a conservative suit. Which will you use to open the account? The conservatively dressed one. Their outfit has no bearing on their banking skills, yet it will have a profound effect on how they are judged and who does business with them. The content (their skills as a banker) will not matter without a decent container (their outfit and how they present themselves). Some containers simply affect different people to differing degrees. The formats that are used by YTMNDs are a container that turn some people away before they can ever see the content. You may disagree with their opinion in that matter, but that doesn't make them silly.
    Yeah it does. What if the casually/slovenly dressed banker runs a better outfit? (No pun intended X_x) People who judge everything on appearances ARE silly and deserve to lose out. Whether it's done or not has no bearing on whether it's sensible or not.

Yeah it does. What if the casually/slovenly dressed banker runs a better outfit? (No pun intended X_x) People who judge everything on appearances ARE silly and deserve to lose out. Whether it's done or not has no bearing on whether it's sensible or not.
    Well, you're just as silly as they are, because everyone makes judgements based on appearances constantly.