Thread: Leveling weapons

Default Leveling weapons

I'm needing a help leveling my weapons, any tips?

equip two shields, attack with two shield over and over, switch to the weapon you want leveled, then kill the enemy... all the exp goes to the weapon used at the end of battle

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Get an enemy with high defence (black flans in the Mystidia dungeon do nicely). Have someone cast Protect/Blink on them loads of times. Then just hold down the attack button. Full evade for your characters is advisable (have Blink cast on them if they don't). Usually you'll get a level by the end, or at least get that much closer to one.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Check enemy ranks before attacking them. (in the bestiary) Enemies with higher ranks increase weapon skills much faster. Some enemies won't increase weapons skills beyond a certain level, no matter how much you attack them.

The weird thing is when I finished the game I had all my characters with their masteries at 10 and they didnt go any further... And thats in pandemonium.. Since there arent any stronger enemies, how is it possible to take them to 16? Not that its needed of course.... just curious

The enemies in Pandamonium should be high enough in rank to increase your weapon skills beyond 10. Likewise with the new enemy encounters on the world map.

Quote Originally Posted by Youjirou View Post
    The enemies in Pandamonium should be high enough in rank to increase your weapon skills beyond 10. Likewise with the new enemy encounters on the world map.
    Weird! Mine kept sitting there at 10 - 0 all the way to the end of the game, no matter how many times I hit... I thought it was strange too, Ill have to check again

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

You can raise them beyond 10, but in general, you have to do so intentionally. Dual weilding speeds up the process a great deal, using weaker weapons might help, and black flans make great level-fodder.