Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: FF VI Advance Changes.

It runs smooth. Some skill/spell animations lag the game a bit, but they don't really slow down the overall pace of the battle. Seems like clever use of frame skipping to me. You run very fast. The chocobo was the slowest thing so far, so I fear the airship will be slow too, aside from that, very fast.

Kefka had some Dialogue Changes in teh Desert Camp. He seems even more twisted tehn before.

Also, Cyan's class is Samurai.

Alright, Cyans and Sabins skills are all renamed.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 02-07-2007 at 03:00 AM.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    The dialogue changes have not bothered me one bit, but they censored the scene in which Locke finds Celes in the secret basement of the South Figaro mansion, one of the most powerful and essential scenes in the game. I consider this sheer blasphemy, and I'm extremely upset about it.

I was hoping they would change that for the English release. It seems they didn't...

I am happy to see that the items and spells, etc. were properly translated, as expected. I just started a new game and am now watching the prologue.

Edit: Seems they kept some of the older terms as a nod to Woolsey, 'Blitz', 'Relic', etc. That's a nice touch.

Edit: Has anyone here cleared the Phantom Train yet?

Cleared Phantom Train. Nothing Really noteable about it. I didn't suplex teh train cause I couldn't seem to get it right using the shoulder pads, so I don't know if you still can. I'll be starting up the Veldt when I get up. Also, Cyan seeing his family remains the same. I'll update soon on the Velt, river, and Fight in Narshe.

There were no noteable changes in Terra, edgar, and Bannons scenario.

"Call me treasure hunter or I'll rip your lungs out! >-O" now it's "Oh that was just plain rude. I'm a treasure hunter,, and don't you forget it!"

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    Cleared Phantom Train. Nothing Really noteable about it. I didn't suplex teh train cause I couldn't seem to get it right using the shoulder pads, so I don't know if you still can. I'll be starting up the Veldt when I get up. Also, Cyan seeing his family remains the same. I'll update soon on the Velt, river, and Fight in Narshe.

There were no noteable changes in Terra, edgar, and Bannons scenario.
    The Phantom Train theme didn't play during Cyan's tearful farewell? That's good. In the Japanese version, it screwed up the music and played that where there should have been silence...

Quote Originally Posted by For the win
    "Our king showers his attention on women. Young, old, pretty, or plain...No one is safe!"

Oh... i have to accept it...
    I'm envious of you guys...

I don't know when i'm going to have my original copy of the game in the place i recerved for it in my collection :sad:, and there is still only the japanese rom there out on the net...

I wanna $%&#@ play it!!!

Well... great to be u!... good luck on ur playing... and... enjoy!

I'll just wait the rom by now while i wait for the game to come Chile...

Good Night!
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

Don't worry Zero, if it's anything, I believe I'd honestly be happier with no dialog whatso ever 'cause some of it just annoys me. I don't believe I'd -ever- recomend this seeing as if they wanna play FFVI they can get a rom and if I knew the person irl, I'd lend them my anthologies.

Edit: Also Ava, its seems you're on top of me again tonight.

AVareice is just moaning because the Script isn't exactly the same. In many Parts I prefer the changes, most Noteably Kefka's expanded Dialogue in the Base Camp. But I digress.

Gau's Class is Now Feral Youth.

Quartr is now Gravity.

This is the Greatest Line Change so far, when Bannon is Talking to the Mayor of NArshe.

"If we allow the empire to continue amassing weapons of Magitek destruction History's Greatest mistake will be repeated." That Makes Me Giggle.

Another Great Line From Kefka, "There's a reason "oppose" rymes with "dispose"... If they get in our Way kill them!" On his Way to attack Narshe.

Again, when Edgar and Celes Speak on the way to the battle with Kefka, after he warns Celes not to fall fo Locke to easily, Celes Responds with "I'm a soldier, not some love starved twit." Then Edgar has a new line added in, "So much for My next Suggestion.

Edit: The Dialogue during Sabin and Edgar's Talk in Figaro changed a bit for the better. Be sure to check it out.

Nothings really changed upto the point you find Terra in Zozo. Stray Cat was Changed to Cait Sith.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 02-07-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Stray Cat was Changed to Cait Sith.
    !!

I'll be updating the Opera when I finish it. But So far it kicks ass.

A lot of the Opera Script was Changed, but its nothing short of amazing. Even the sounds of the Opera are improved. Time to fight Ultros again though.

Fire Dance is now Known As Rising Pheonix.

Legomorph, Setzers Slot attack of a failure, is now Mysidian Rabbite.

In The scene in espar world, Madonna is now Madaline.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 02-07-2007 at 03:18 PM.

that sucks about the celes chained up scene, but other than that it's sounding good! i can't understand why they would censor something NOW like god knows how many years later. censorship hasn't been in since the 90s!!

Shoat was changed to Catoblepas

And Setzer is, of Course, a Gambler.

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    Edit: Also Ava, its seems you're on top of me again tonight.

AVareice is just moaning because the Script isn't exactly the same. In many Parts I prefer the changes, most Noteably Kefka's expanded Dialogue in the Base Camp. But I digress.
    Did you write the moaning part after you wrote the I'm on top of you part?

Oh and I think it was Zero that said something about the music at the phantom train being all wonky. It kind of got crazy at first, then it lagged, then when he saw them and they were talking, it started playing the phantom train music again and I was pretty sure it played something.. sadder? but I'm prolly wrong. xD Anyways! Back to Narshe to fight Kefka~

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    The dialogue changes have not bothered me one bit, but they censored the scene in which Locke finds Celes in the secret basement of the South Figaro mansion, one of the most powerful and essential scenes in the game. I consider this sheer blasphemy, and I'm extremely upset about it.

I was hoping they would change that for the English release. It seems they didn't...

So was it censored in the Japanese version as well?