Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FF VI Advance Changes.

Kidnapping and Torture are extremely touchy subjects at the current moment in Japan due to a big deal of kidnapping going on there.

The scene with Celes being chained and punched was removed due to the current tension in Japan, and they probably didn't bother to put it back in for North America.

The same thing happened in FFXII too with the Penelo Kidnapping scene, but that time they put the scene back in for the North American release, however it wasn't in the original Japanese release.

Anyway.

"If we allow the empire to continue amassing [B]weapons of Magitek destruction[/B, History's Greatest Mistake will be repeated."

This line by far makes up for the loss of that little cutscene.

And the Opera is now greater and better than ever, which should also make up for whatever else there could be bad!

One gripe though.. They didn't touch Gau's Rage. Them befallen fools Behemoth Steaks brains, they didn't fix Gau's Rage!!!

They bothered fixing all the major bugs, sure, but why couldn't they fix the Rage bugs, or ATLEAST make it a little more Player-Friendly..

..But no, the Rage is back in FFVIa exactly the same as it was on the SNES, with Typhon (Chupon), Siegfried and Death Warden (Allo Ver) leaving holes in the list, aswell as the Tonberries (Pugs) being on the list but impossible to Rage in battle... Ugh.
    Last edited by Fuuinashi; 02-08-2007 at 06:52 AM. Reason: The ever Typo correcting

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuinashi View Post
    Kidnapping and Torture are extremely touchy subjects at the current moment in Japan due to a big deal of kidnapping going on there.

The scene with Celes being chained and punched was removed due to the current tension in Japan, and they probably didn't bother to put it back in for North America.
    I wonder when people will stop being so uptight about the contents of a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post

I wonder when people will stop being so uptight about the contents of a video game.
    Well they're uptight about the content of everything, and don't you know video games have harmful effects on the youth. They may have seen the kidnapping scene, and gone and chained up and beat girls! How cruel of a video game to teach this to our children!

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Strago's Class is Blue Mage.
    Relms is Pictomancer.

The writing on the Statues in the mountain near thamasa seem to have changed a bit as well.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

PICTOMANCER WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

jesus christ, I need to catch up today. =P

In Thamasa, when Locke and Celes Talk again, Relm gives the reply, "Those two are hot and heavy, huh, Grandpa?" Followed by Strago saying, "They're young Dear."

Felt that was important enough to post.

And Kefka right before he torches Thamasa.

"This little hamlet has too much "boring" and not enough "burning"... Torch everything!"

Edgars adjusted Dialogue regarding the waitress in Vector is amust.

"Do you thing I could be so rude as to meat a lady and Not MAke a move? It was a matter of Courtesy dear brother! Courtesy!"

This is also worthy of mentioning. The Talk between Relm and Sabin.

Relm: Who do you think you are, trying to tell me what to do, you overfed muscle-man!?

One last Noteable line, What Edgar says about Relm when she walks off and calls him a wierdo.

"Not even a lady yet. Here's hoping you're still around in eight years, kid.

The three statues are now reffered to as, "The Warring Triad"
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 02-08-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    One last Noteable line, What Edgar says about Relm when she walks off and calls him a wierdo.

"Not even a lady yet. Here's hoping you're still around in eight years, kid.
    This is coo' but torture scenes are a negative. GG Japan. GG!

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post

Well they're uptight about the content of everything, and don't you know video games have harmful effects on the youth. They may have seen the kidnapping scene, and gone and chained up and beat girls! How cruel of a video game to teach this to our children!

THE JACKAL
    It's not exactly the same thing. It's not a matter of Uptight culture more than it is a very important matter at the actual time in Japan and a very big deal, so every medias are asked not to shock the population more than it is too much.

If you recall, similar censor happened after the events of the World Trade Center for example, where a few movies, Spider Man for example, were asked to delete scenes including things crashing into the towers as the nation was pretty shocked by the events already.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post

THE JACKAL
    It's not exactly the same thing. It's not a matter of Uptight culture more than it is a very important matter at the actual time in Japan and a very big deal, so every medias are asked not to shock the population more than it is too much.

If you recall, similar censor happened after the events of the World Trade Center for example, where a few movies, Spider Man for example, were asked to delete scenes including things crashing into the towers as the nation was pretty shocked by the events already.
    The scene that was removed from Spider-Man was a helicopter getting caught in a web that was a placed in between both towers. I found that just as stupid as I find this. And yes, I find them on the same level. Form of censorship and all that.

Before I forget, morph is now Trance.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

LAME

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

LAME
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

AWESOME

i mean lame

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, that's what it was originally called.

Ugh, I need to catch up. I want to read the Relm hilarity with my own eyes. Pictomancer. <3 <3 <3 <3

Edit: Recalling the Rage issue Fuuinashi mentioned, (SPOILER)you can fight every enemy in the monster rush later in the game. Though, this doesn't solve all the problems with Rage...

LAME Trance isn't bad. Seriously. =P

About the censored scene. Okay, it looks horribly lame, but the problem isn't the censorship per se (seriously, it's completely understandable that it's censored in Japan). My problem the fact that SE was lazy and kept the scene like that in the American release. @_@

About the other changes... yay no more Vanish/Doom yay no more MBlock% bug yay no more Psycho Cyan onoes idiot Rages are still there sandworm < submariner I'm glad that the names are still there. Sabin > Mash, Terra > Tina. The others changes are also nice (Pictomancer > j00).

and... yay no more Vanish/Doom @_@ *shot*
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O