Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The Return Of LOST and Beyond

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I loved this episode. Oh my god, TV-Links I love you.

Kso the flashbacks Jack was having were actually flashing forward in time, this was a stroke of genius. At least I think so. When it turned out it was Kate he called, and not Sarah, I was like DAAAAAAAAMN SON.

And what the hell...Christian is alive? Also didn't Naomi say that the bodies were FOUND. So how did they explain that to the public!?
    I don't think Christian is alive, I think Jack has gone insane, or mildly. Also, the plane being discovered was totally a conspiracy.

ALSO, WTF @ Penny not knowing who Naomi was. I thought of that as soon as I saw Penny on the transmission thing with Charlie though. Or maybe Naomi is using a different name, or something. I don't know, but it was cool. When Charlie was writing on his hand I was hoping it would be something cliche like "TELL CLAIRE I LOVE HER" and I woulda been like Awwwww.

I hope they continue with the flashforwards instead of flashbacks, because everyone has had their stories fleshed out pretty well. It would be really cool, because I definitely don't think they're going to get off of the island in the fourth season, and if they had flashforwards then they could do some really cool stuff and make the two stories meet up with eachother or something. If that makes sense?

first Season = good, second season = mediocre at best, third season = okay at the beginning, amazing by the end.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I love the idea of three seasons of flashbacks meeting three seasons of flashforwards in season six.

Just like how Locke's story of how he got in the wheelchair was interesting, flashforwards should give us several more stories like this of how certain things happened after they got back as we work back to when they were rescued. Like who is in the coffin, then how they got in the coffin, etc...
    Last edited by Flying Mullet; 05-24-2007 at 07:48 PM.
    Figaro Castle

That had to be one of the coolest neck snaps ive ever seen!!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Damn now im excited for the next season!
    Theres no way they are getting off the island this soon.
    Ben was probably right (forget for a minute that he's annoying and the actor kinda sucks too, and that a character with so little charisma can still manipulate so many people) that they shouldnt get off the island yet. The writers have definitely set it up so Ben does have a masterplan in the end, however unethically carried out.

OK, first off: Christian is dead. It really annoys me to see people say that he is alive. Jack was on Oxycontin and wasn't thinking straight. There's a reason Dr. Hamill looked at him like he was an idiot, and why Jack told the pharmacist not to call. The producers have said, time and time again, that he is DEAD. DECEASED.

Secondly, Naomi is with the Dharma Initiative, returning to the Island to fight back against the Others. The Dharma Initiative is now funded by Charles Widmore, Penny's father. They CAN'T be rescued yet. There are still mysteries to be discovered, like the deal with Richard (who I can't imagine will be opposed to the Losties now... it was really only Ben who hated them), the "Temple", the four-toed statue, etc.

Thirdly, the newspaper article says that "J[fold in the paper]...antham of New York was found dead shortly after 4 AM.... Grand Avenue." It's not Michael, because Walt and his ex-wife would be at the funeral. Unless Walt is on the Island with Locke. It's not Locke either, because Helen would be there. I imagine it's either Ben, using a fake name, or perhaps Jacob himself.

Fourthly, whoever got off the island was paid off to lie about what happened. I have no other details, but that's why Jack said that he no longer wanted to lie. I think that, in exchange for keeping her mouth shut, some rich folks bought Kate a new life, perhaps taking the identity of Joanna, the woman who drowned in season one.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Ben was probably right (forget for a minute that he's annoying and the actor kinda sucks too, and that a character with so little charisma can still manipulate so many people) that they shouldnt get off the island yet. The writers have definitely set it up so Ben does have a masterplan in the end, however unethically carried out.
    Michael Emerson as Ben is CARRYING Lost right now. The role has been carried out superbly.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Michael Emerson as Ben is CARRYING Lost right now. The role has been carried out superbly.
    To each his own, I dont like the way he does his acting in Lost. I dont know him from anything else, so cant judge him on that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    In an interview Michael Emerson talked about how his character works as a villian on the show since a lot of American viewers find his character evil because an intelligent, sophisticated and educated man is viewed as creepy and wierd in the US(i.e. Hannibal Lecter), whereas the character would not work as a villian in other parts of the world as well because the type of character he has is more accepted and "normal".
    Figaro Castle

I agree with everything Kirobaito said. Except the Oxy Contin thing; Jack has just gone insane or something. You'd have to be on <i>a lot</i> more Oxy Contin than Jack was to think your dead father was back alive.

Also, Michael Emerson is a great actor, I think. Although I did not like him in Saw, he is expertly creepy and strange in Lost.

In an interview Michael Emerson talked about how his character works as a villian on the show since a lot of American viewers find his character evil because an intelligent, sophisticated and educated man is viewed as creepy and wierd in the US(i.e. Hannibal Lecter), whereas the character would not work as a villian in other parts of the world as well because the type of character he has is more accepted and "normal".
    I think Ben works outside of America as a villain, as well. He's evidently crazy, ruthless, remorseless, and knows how to smurf with people's minds. It's wonderful!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    He's evidently crazy, ruthless, remorseless, and knows how to smurf with people's minds. It's wonderful!
    Which I hope is not a trait that people associate with us, thanks... :rolleyes2

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with everything Kirobaito said. Except the Oxy Contin thing; Jack has just gone insane or something. You'd have to be on <i>a lot</i> more Oxy Contin than Jack was to think your dead father was back alive.
    <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone">Oxycodone entry in Wikipedia:</a>
    Oxycodone has similar effects to morphine and heroin, and appeals to the same abuse community. Armed robberies of pharmacies where the robber demanded only OxyContin, not cash, have occurred. In some areas, particularly the eastern U.S., OxyContin has been the drug of greatest concern to enforcement authorities, although trustworthy data on the actual incidence of "Oxy abuse" have been difficult to establish.
    Figaro Castle

omg what a friggen awesome finale! It had everything

Hurely running over someone with the van....genius! I dont know why by ive never laughed so hard when someone died! Oh and Sayids leg snap...awesome lol! It was a pretty damn bloodybath in the finale! (SPOILER)Charlie had an awesome death btw!

I had a little inkling with that little twist, but yea they never really resolved fully the whole Christian thing!

either way Evangelline Lilly stilled looked hot island and post lsland flashback!

and finally Februrary? seriously? we have to wait till February!?

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxycodone">Oxycodone entry in Wikipedia:</a>
    Oxycodone has similar effects to morphine and heroin, and appeals to the same abuse community. Armed robberies of pharmacies where the robber demanded only OxyContin, not cash, have occurred. In some areas, particularly the eastern U.S., OxyContin has been the drug of greatest concern to enforcement authorities, although trustworthy data on the actual incidence of "Oxy abuse" have been difficult to establish.
    Still, if your father is dead, Oxy Contin is an opiate and would not make you think he is alive. It's just not that kind of drug, a strong enough dose of a psychedelic might do that though.

I don't think that Jack thought his dad was alive - I think he wasn't thinking right as a result of the Oxycodone (and alcohol, I'm sure) and was rambling on and on about his own condition - "as bad as you think I ammmmmmmmmm, he's worse!" kinda thing. Because he's dead.

And plus, it threw off some people about it being a flashforward, I'm sure.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had a feeling it was a flash forward since the beginning of the episode. And I didn't read any spoilers or anything. :o

It was pretty cool that they did that. I liked the ending scene with Kate.

It's kind of bad for a show that when a main character "dies" that I don't believe it. Ever. This is the same thing that happened with Alias, and it just ruins it when a character actually does die.

(SPOILER)Charlie's death scene didn't impact me AT ALL because I just assumed that they would find a way to make the character alive again. CPR or something. Tons of people come back to life or have fake deaths in this show (just like Alias!). So yeah, not much impact.

And it was only after checking a few sources online that I discovered that this character is actually really DEAD. And now I feel annoyed because I didn't get to appreciate that poignant ending. I thought it was sappy to trick audiences, but now I've learned that it was sappy because it was an ACTUAL goodbye to a character. Errrrggghhhh. I feel very unsatisfied. Audiences should be able to have faith in a show that a death is a death. Lost utilizes way too many fake-outs and cop-outs. Makes the show untrustworthy. You shouldn't have to look online to verify a death.

As for the Finale, it was pretty great. But I'm wondering where Lost can go from here. If we take the flash fowards at face value, that means that a whole bunch of theories have just been knocked out. Especially one that I've always found very intriguing.

The Island is a real place. They CAN be rescued from it. So what the heck is it? Hmm.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought the flashback was going to be the story of how Jack shaved his beard. I'm glad it wasn't. I think the funeral was for Juliet.

I love how Eyepatch keeps coming back to life. This better continue.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum