Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The Return Of LOST and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I thought the flashback was going to be the story of how Jack shaved his beard. I'm glad it wasn't. I think the funeral was for Juliet.

I love how Eyepatch keeps coming back to life. This better continue.
    Juliet is a good idea, but the newspaper article that Jack reads says it was a man.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Juliet...is a man.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post

It's kind of bad for a show that when a main character "dies" that I don't believe it. Ever. This is the same thing that happened with Alias, and it just ruins it when a character actually does die.

(SPOILER)Charlie's death scene didn't impact me AT ALL because I just assumed that they would find a way to make the character alive again. CPR or something. Tons of people come back to life or have fake deaths in this show (just like Alias!). So yeah, not much impact.

And it was only after checking a few sources online that I discovered that this character is actually really DEAD. And now I feel annoyed because I didn't get to appreciate that poignant ending. I thought it was sappy to trick audiences, but now I've learned that it was sappy because it was an ACTUAL goodbye to a character. Errrrggghhhh. I feel very unsatisfied. Audiences should be able to have faith in a show that a death is a death. Lost utilizes way too many fake-outs and cop-outs. Makes the show untrustworthy. You shouldn't have to look online to verify a death.

Seriously...that person had their redepmtion flashback a few episodes ago (SPOILER)he had his goodbye/ farewell/ appreciate/redemption episode on "charlies greatest hits" you had their good bye episode!

lol its like a lose lose situation if that person actually lived or died lol

(SPOILER)that persons death was better like say shannon though you gotta admit he proved himself in the last two eps and if you didnt see that then thats pretty unfortunate

ps. Alias had Rambaldi lol the losties have no chance

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Damn these spoilers

The best damn Lost theory

Great theory on Lost and stuff. Rational explanations and the like. Read the comments for some extra tid-bits if you want.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That theory goes out the window with the finale I think, but it is interesting.

As said, the finale really limits what the island could be.

That's a very impressive and well put-together theory, but I think it has its holes, some of which were mentioned in the comments. Also, I think that Cuse and Lindelof have said that it's not time travel.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe a gateway between dimensions are on the island?

Articles
    Blog Entries

lost is dead, they killed to many Characters. 8 in total.

They have killed:

Boone
    Ana lucia Cortez
    Mr.Eko
    Nikki Fernandez
    Libby
    Shannon Rutherford
    Paulo

CHARLIE PACE!!!!!!!!!!

Its just wrong. Who are they gonna kill off next, Jack? Locke? kate? Pfft.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

When an actor doesn't want to do the show anymore, what the hell are they going to do? They can't force them. That takes care of Charlie and Eko. The rest of those characters suck.

I think Ana Lucia and Libby were actually killed off because the actresses portaying them got into trouble with the law and the shows creators didnt want them assosiated with the show anymore.

Well I think it is widely understood that the actors of Ana Lucia & Libby were kicked off the show for off-camera reasons so their characters HAD to die (I believe it was a drink driving issue, fear of prison term).

Nikki & Paolo had not even started character developing so they won't exactly be missed.

Charlie, as likeable as he is, was going nowhere in character development, very much like his girlfriend. His death was fine by me (I also think the actor wanted out).

The only issue I had was withg Mr Eko. I feel he had a LOT more to offer to the show & was killed off too soon.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The creators have denied that Libby and Ana weren't killed off for these reasons, but that could just be a line.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Taken from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Boone Carlyle (1st Character to die)
    (SPOILER)Boone and Locke discover a heroin runner's beechcraft stuck high in a tree canopy. Boone climbs up into the aircraft and finds a working radio in the cockpit, which he uses to transmit a mayday signal. He receives a response to his message by a man, later revealed to be Bernard ("The other 48 days"), but the aircraft unbalances and falls nose-first to the ground. Boone sustains severe injuries and, despite Jack’s extensive attempts to treat him, dies in "Do no harm." His last words are "Tell Shannon..." but he dies before he can finish the sentence.

Boone is buried in "The greater good". Sayid speaks at his funeral, but Shannon does not. Shannon, who is on the search for Walt, is led to Boone's grave by Vincent in "Abandoned". She sits at his grave one final time before she is accidentally killed by Ana lucia Cortez.
    In "Further instructions", Locke experiences a self-induced hallucination, where Boone appears and puts him in a wheelchair. He pushes Locke through an imaginary Sydney International Airport, where the other survivors are present but acting in different roles. Boone tells Locke that he has to help someone, but everyone that Locke recognizes is not the person. Boone vanishes and appears at the top of an escalator, and when Locke crawls up to the top, Boone appears bloody and injured, just like when he died. He says that Locke needs to clean up his own mess, and Locke awakens from the hallucination.

Trivia
    1.(SPOILER)Boone frequently wears a t-shirt with chinese characters meaning 84, which are two of the numbers that frequently appear throughout the show.
    2.(SPOILER)Boone Carlyle has now appeared five times since his death in Do no harm and burial in The greater good. He appeared in, "Exodus Part 1 & 2", "Abandoned", "Further instructions" and "Expose".

Ana Lucia Cortez (2nd Character to die)

(SPOILER)Michael offers to kill Henry for her and Ana Lucia gives him the gun. Michael tells Ana Lucia that he is sorry and then shoots her in the heart. Ana is stunned at Michael's actions; she dies seconds later, making her the fourth character to die on the show.
    At the moment of her death, she appears to Eko in a dream, where she is bleeding from her mouth and stomach, telling him that "You need to help John." ("?")
    In "Three minutes," a funeral takes place at the beach and she is buried next to Libby.
    In the episode "Stranger in a strange land", taking place some eleven days after Ana Lucia's death, Cindy asks the caged Jack how Ana Lucia is doing. Jack yells at Cindy for this, asking her to leave.

Trivia
    1.(SPOILER)Contrary to popular belief, Ana-Lucia and Libby were not killed off due to Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros' DUI (Driving Under Influence of alcohol) arrests. Rodriguez was scheduled to appear for only one season in February of 2005, with the intention of her character being killed off. They found that Ana Lucia's death would not generate enough sympathy, so they also killed Libby, who was more liked by the audience. It was only a coincidence that both were arrested.
    2.(SPOILER)Ana Lucia was the first second season castmember that was hired, and she made a cameo in a flashback of Jack Shephard in the season one finale.

Mr.Eko and Nikki's deaths and trivia are explained in a posts time.