sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Way to put the biggest spoilers outside the spoiler tags xD

That stuff happened ages ago

Anyway, I like that main characters can die. In most shows/movies/games I feel some people are immortal and will never die, so that takes some of the suspense away. I like being surprised so Lost is nice that way. The only people in Lost that I have that immortal feeling about now is Kate and Sawyer.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh my.

Why did I ever doubt this show?

Patchy better have survived that 'nade. I'm sure he did, given that he's survived face haemmorhaging and speargun through the lung.

But about Charlie: I can see why Charlie didn't get the diving gear on first, because he was all overconfident. And I can just about see why he stayed inside the room - to stop Desmond getting in because of Penny, and thus him dying (Charlie wouldn't have had the time to get onto the outside of the room and close it, 'cause Des would have beat him to it). What bugs me is that... the window was big enough to be worth trying to get through. You could see that when Patchy was knocking on it. It would have been a close fit, but he could have made it. It annoys me that he didn't try - but that's the character having made peace with dying, rather than any actual errors.

Articles
    Blog Entries

mr.Eko and Nikki now. (note I am not doing the __ character to die now, that is reserved for the 2 quick people )

Mr.Eko
    (SPOILER)The vision of Yemi then says, "You speak to me as if I am your brother" and leaves. Infuriated, Eko follows him, demanding the identity of whoever is posing as his brother. He is lead into a closing in the jungle when the "monster" appears before Eko as a towering mass of black smoke. It reaches down and lifts him high into the air, slamming Eko many times into trees before brutally crushing him into the ground. When Locke and his party arrive, the monster is gone and Eko is lying motionless where the monster left him. Locke rushes to his side and Eko, with his last living breath, gasps his final words. As Eko dies, we see a flashback of him and his brother as young boys. Young Eko tosses a ball into the air, hugging his brother to himself, while walking away, backs toward the screen. Locke closes Eko's dead eyes. When Sayid asks what was said, Locke replies, "We're next." Eko is buried in the episode "I do" on the spot where he was killed, rather than at the cemetery on the beach. Locke says the other survivors have seen enough death recently (referring to Ana-Lucia and Libby's recent deaths). No one sees the monster kill Eko, and Locke suggests to the other survivors that Eko was killed by a wild animal. However, due to the fact that Locke has had previous contact with the monster, even confronting Eko about its existence, and also that Locke was the only one to hear Eko's last words, it is implied that he knows that the monster killed him. He then departs with Sayid to retrieve Eko's "scripture stick" where it fell in the forest in "Further Instructions." When they return to Eko's resting place, Locke says a few words before he is buried. As Locke pounds the stick into the ground as a grave marker, a scripture on it catches his eye. It reads "Lift up your eyes and look north - John 3:05" (literally, "Lift up your eyes and look north, John"). In "Tricia Tanaka is dead" and in the subsequent episode it is revealed to be a compass bearing to another one of the Dharma Stations, "The Flame."

TRIVIA
    1.(SPOILER)Eko was originally to be named Emeka. The name was later used for a similar character.
    2.(SPOILER)Although Akinnuoye-Agbaje was credited as a season cast member for the first six episodes of Lost's third season, he only appears in two episodes out of these - "Further instructions" and "The cost of Living".

Nikki Fernandez
    (SPOILER)In "Expose", Nikki discovers that Paulo has the bag of diamonds when he drops his nicotine gum. After failing to retrieve a gun from Sawyer, Nikki lures Paulo into the jungle and uses one of Arzt's collected Medusa Spiders to paralyze Paulo. As the paralysis is taking effect, Nikki takes the diamonds from him and he tells her that he kept them from her because he was afraid she wouldn't need him any more once she had them. The island "Monster" is heard and more spiders arrive, biting Nikki in the process. Panicking, Nikki runs to the beach, burying the diamonds along the way, and collapses nearby Hurley and Sawyer. When asked by Hurley "what happened", she says "paralyzed" but Sawyer and Hurley are unable to make it out. Everyone presumes her dead, along with Paulo, and begin to investigate. By the end of the day, the camp decide to give the two a funeral. Sawyer throws the stolen diamonds into the grave before they bury them. Nikki opens her eyes just as the other survivors start to fill the grave, but no one notices, and both Nikki and Paulo are accidentally buried alive.
    TRIVIA
    1.(SPOILER)Nikki and Paulo were originally intended to have a much longer story arc. As the two were not well received by a large number of fans, however, their story was ultimately shortened.
    2.(SPOILER)There is a deleted scene showing Nikki and Paulo amidst the system failure crisis during the time of "Live together, die alone" (the moment the sky turns purple). It isn't known what happens in this scene until the release of the Season 3 DVDs

(IMHO, Nikki's and Paulo's death are the worst conceived EVER!)

CHARLIE's, Paulo's and Libby's deaths are explained.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Try: Nikki and Paulo's deaths were some of the coolest ever conceived.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hell yeah!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

More like Tom:

"I surrender."

BOOM HEADSHOT

"I don't believe ya."

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was nearly as sad about Tom as I was about Sayid and Jin. I loved Tom.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I was nearly as sad about Tom as I was about Sayid and Jin. I loved Tom.
    What about Bernard? BERNARD COULD HAVE DIED. What would Rose have ever done?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Bernard is a likeable character.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought he shot him in the chest.

Anyway, that was pretty mean to Tom.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I thought he shot him in the chest.

Anyway, that was pretty mean to Tom.
    You could see it coming.
    Survivors 1 - 0 Others

Oh man, I just got that Mikhail wanted to be shot or killed so badly when he was captured, because he's invunerable and would be able to escape if they thought he was dead.

That does bring up another strange Heroes parallel though.
    Word/s.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Anyway, I like that main characters can die. In most shows/movies/games I feel some people are immortal and will never die, so that takes some of the suspense away. I like being surprised so Lost is nice that way. The only people in Lost that I have that immortal feeling about now is Kate and Sawyer.
    (SPOILER)Jack and Kate are the only ones we know for sure won't die.

I agree with your feelings on it though. One of the better parts of the show IS that anything can happen. If everyone survived all the time then you get used to it. If a show wants to keep people on the edge of their seats, they have to constantly change the status quo. My favourite shows are the ones that know this and have used it to their advantage.

Also Sergeant Hartman; I'm pretty sure in the finale alone it was Survivors 13, Others 1 (assuming (SPOILER)Mikhail bit the dust which is extremely likely. I don't care how tough he is, you don't survive a grenade exploding in your face).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why would he kill himself on purpose? I'm pretty sure he survived, remember this show isn't exactly grounded in reality.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Patchy=Awesome