Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return Of LOST and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII13 View Post

I believe people die when they overcome something(s) Examples...

Boone-He got over his sister and gained self-confidence.
    Eko-He realized a lot of his acts were not entirely wrong.
    Shannon-She started to love others, and receive love in return.
    Charlie-No more drug addiction and he starts to regain faith.
    Ana Lucia-She had an open option to kill Henry/Ben like she's done in the past, but decides no too.
    Libby-Don't know enough about her.

Just me, though.
    That's a good point because it could be the Universe self-correcting, as the woman said in Desmond's vision, and as he said himself.

If they hadn't landed on the Island, none of those people would have come to their realizations, and to the transformations that would change their lives and fix all their problems, just like Desmond was trying to do but couldn't.
    Last edited by Vincent, Thunder God; 02-15-2007 at 11:43 PM.

I think you are wrong that he can time travel.

I think he has already lived EVERYTHING on the island from the moment the failsafe key was turned.

Think about it this way.

Des turned the key. His "life" flashes before his eyes right? Well also what flashes was an alternate reality where he didn't turn the key. So when he goes about on his days he see's differences in this alternate reality and present reality (ie Desmond saw that in the alternate reality lightning struck Claires tent killing Charlie so he changed it.) That is how he can "future see" and that is why the "flashes never stop."

Tell me what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus of Zeal View Post
    I think you are wrong that he can time travel.

I think he has already lived EVERYTHING on the island from the moment the failsafe key was turned.

Think about it this way.

Des turned the key. His "life" flashes before his eyes right? Well also what flashes was an alternate reality where he didn't turn the key. So when he goes about on his days he see's differences in this alternate reality and present reality (ie Desmond saw that in the alternate reality lightning struck Claires tent killing Charlie so he changed it.) That is how he can "future see" and that is why the "flashes never stop."

Tell me what you think.
    Well, that's exactly what I thought too at first (I kept trying to convince my sister of this until the end of the episode) but I think now that the whole vision was just the Island telling him that things couldn't have turned out well no matter what he would have done to keep his relationship with Penny.

The flashes are merely coming every once and a while as a symptom of him using the failsafe key, but he hasn't lived through all that.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I think it was silly of the writers to introduce something like time travel into a storyline that already makes little to no sense.

As for the episode, it was too much Desmond not enough on the island.

On the Charlie thing: YAY! I hate him so bad.

How the hell are they gonna scientifically explain this?

I don't think Charlie's going to die, the island already saved him once! He was totally dead after Ethan hung him, so maybe the island gave Desmond the ability to see the future so he could protect Charlie, because the island operates outside the rest of the world anyway! Or something.

They won't. It's not like they've been trying to keep the show scientific. They had polar bears on a tropical island, for one. And most of their medical scenes are completely innacurate.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    As for the episode, it was too much Desmond not enough on the island.

On the Charlie thing: YAY! I hate him so bad.
    There's no such thing as too much Desmond.

And Charlie is great.

I'm pretty sure they're not angling for being published in Nature here.

Uh actually the shows producers said that everything will be explained and it will be explained SCIENTIFICALLY.

As for the polar bear: Don't you think that they were shipped in and then studied? Got used to the terrain? When DHARMA left the Polar Bears ran free?

They can just say he's got a brain thingy like on Medium, if scientific explanations are in order I'd be more concerned with Locke's walking, and the black old lady's curing cancer.

Holy frak what an interesting episode!

Someone made some theory about the flashbacks...like what if they actually are occuring at the 'lost' time like desmond, the people actually go back to that specific time and relive that moment...only they dont know it yet! I guess thats what he was talking about when his life 'flashed' before his eyes!?

And psh charlie wont die....atleast i hope not...his episodes (atleast since season 2) has not done him or his character justice!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Articles
    Blog Entries

Charlie never was the BEST character for me. I don't hate him, I actually like him, put his death will probably only provoke a tear or two. The again, that's probably my universal feel for every meh-they-are-pretty-decent-character in LOST.

This episode was crap. Sure we got to see that the kids were doing alright and the Other's have a utopia type thing going on but really...Jack's tattoos...yay...

The asian bitch was deadly, I think she smurfed Vince Chase in Entourage!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Meh, alright. I just hope we have some decent things go on here...