Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return Of LOST and Beyond

We have been led to believe that when the monster manifests itself into some form that form is usually dead and once it has been manifested that form (body) usually disappaears. (ie Christian's body, Yemi) I wouldn't be surprised if they dug up Ana Lucia's grave and found that she was gone...

Also I have a theory for those who are not scared enough to read about how John got paralyzed and how Patchy (Mikhail) knew him.

(SPOILER)The Man from Tallahassee is the name of the surgeon that diagnosed Locke's paralysis from the waist down. Locke is paralyzed in a confrontation with one of the followers of his father. Anthony Cooper murders Helen after she threatens him with telling the police of his position. Anthony Cooper has been calling Locke and asking him to cover it, with threats.

In revenge Locke pursues his father in his car, Cooper escapes but John continues and crashes into a crag. He survives but he remains paralyzed. Also Mikhail Bakukin was one of the witnesses of the accident which is why he knows Locke.
    Last edited by McLovin'; 03-20-2007 at 07:39 PM.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

I can't believe they killed that Russian dude

'Why are we continuing to play this little game, when it has already gone to the next stage!'
    *throws jar of ice tea*

Quote Originally Posted by Magus of Zeal View Post
    We have been led to believe that when the monster manifests itself into some form that form is usually dead and once it has been manifested that form (body) usually disappaears. (ie Christian's body, Yemi) I wouldn't be surprised if they dug up Ana Lucia's grave and found that she was gone...

Also I have a theory for those who are not scared enough to read about how John got paralyzed and how Patchy (Mikhail) knew him.

(SPOILER)The Man from Tallahassee is the name of the surgeon that diagnosed Locke's paralysis from the waist down. Locke is paralyzed in a confrontation with one of the followers of his father. Anthony Cooper murders Helen after she threatens him with telling the police of his posi<b></b>tion. Anthony Cooper has been calling Locke and asking him to cover it, with threats.

In revenge Locke pursues his father in his car, Cooper escapes but John continues and crashes into a crag. He survives but he remains paralyzed. Also Mikhail Bakukin was one of the witnesses of the accident which is why he knows Locke.
    Well, Mikhail knew Locke because the Others know ALL of the characters - they have a huge file on Jack, about his life before he came onto the island. What's to stop them from having one on Locke, which would definitely contain the fact that he was paralyzed? I thought this fact was pretty apparent. The producers said that <i>one</i> of the Others would show up off of the island. That already happened with Ethan. I doubt Mikhail truly knew John Locke off the island.

Your story of how Locke would be paralyzed is plausible, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not bad, Magus Of Zeal...

I am just throwing this out there but I think Anthony is on the island with the Others.
    Last edited by McLovin'; 03-21-2007 at 09:43 PM.

That was a sweet episode.

After Locke entered the condo, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen.

And when Ben decided to show Locke what "came out of the box", it was pretty obvious who/what it was going to be.

OH YEAH!!!!!!! STRIIIIIKE!

But how the hell did Cooper get on the island!?

OH YEAH!!!!!!! STRIIIIIKE!

But how the hell did Cooper get on the island!?
    One would assume we'd find out. I'd imagine as a con-man and attempted murderer, Anthony "Sawyer" Cooper would be fleeing from the CIA and US Marshals, resulting in a lot of travel. It's not insane to assume that that would take him to somewhere in the south Pacific, and perhaps ending up on the island somehow.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Excellent episode, although I predicted all the major plot twists.

Preview said someone dies, my predictions:

1. Locke
    2. Kate
    3. Charlie

I added Charlie just because I hate him. Yeah, though, I think a major character is gonna die, as in one of the big 5 (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Sayid). I'm getting the feeling it's gonna be Locke, since he's sorta had his story fleshed out and I think he's gonna have personal closure etc. soon with his Dad on the isle and all, and the trend of those dying after personal growth/closure/etc. has already been pointed out 1000 times.

I listed Kate just because I'm getting death vibes from her ~

But, if neither Kate nor Locke die, one of the aforementioned five will. Or Charlie, please.

And the preview with Sun saying "Then we'd have to dig another grave" and then totally owning Sawyer, it got me stoked for next week.

Nikki and Paulo die. They are universally hated, and will suffer painful deaths. I guarantee it.

And I've been thinking a bit more, about "The Box", and what's happened on the Island.

The Island is a place where a person can have their deepest, most heartfelt wishes granted. The Island helps people to get that.

What does Locke want more than anything else? For his legs to work again, so he can finally go on his "Walkabout" that was denied to him (NOT his father... more on that later). He has accomplished that.

What does Kate want more than anything? To be free. To be able to communicate and interact with people without the bonds of her crimes and past mistakes. The Island gives her that.

What does Jack want more than anything? (This hasn't manifested itself yet) He wants family that he can be with. He never found that with his father. What does the Island bring him? A sister that he's naturally gotten along with and cared deeply for.

What does Rose want more than anything? She wanted a healthy honeymoon with her husband, as their first one was a disaster. She got that.

Lastly... what does Sawyer want more than anything? What has he always desired? He wants to get revenge on the man who ruined his life. Frank Sawyer. What does the Island do? Brings Frank Sawyer to him. "Anthony Cooper" isn't on the Island for Locke. He's on the Island for Sawyer.

There are still other kinks to work out in this, such as Ana-Lucia, Libby, Hurley, and Eko. This might have to do with who is on "Jacob's List", or one of the "Good Ones", as Ben puts it.

Just something to ponder on.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 03-23-2007 at 06:02 AM.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Lastly... what does Sawyer want more than anything? What has he always desired? He wants to get revenge on the man who ruined his life. Frank Sawyer. What does the Island do? Brings Frank Sawyer to him. "Anthony Cooper" isn't on the Island for Locke. He's on the Island for Sawyer.
    I had the same thoughts, but you summed it up better than I could have.

But then we are going into a more "the island is magical" type explanation when it all can be explained logically (except for the connections between people, that TPTB said we don't need to explain).

Yes it is Nikki and Paolo who die but they aren't really dead:

(SPOILER)They get bitten by spiders which paralyze them and thus the castaways bury them, thinking that they are dead.

Also its obvious why Sun is talking to Sawyer like that. She finds out about her kidnapping in Season 2 by Charlie. If she tells Jin, Jin will kill sawyer for doing that to his wife. So instead she punches him.

The Kate/Jack scene was creepy. Jack is creepy and I heartily dislike him. I liked him in the first season (at least SOME of it) but eurrrrgh. He seems to completely change every episode.

Lost is kinda losing it. It's still one of my favourite shows and I'll keep watching it, but it has gone downhill.

And my favourite characters are Sawyer, Kate, Hurley and Charlie. I love Charlie.

But then we are going into a more "the island is magical" type explanation when it all can be explained logically (except for the connections between people, that TPTB said we don't need to explain).

(SPOILER)They get bitten by spiders which paralyze them and thus the castaways bury them, thinking that they are dead.

Also its obvious why Sun is talking to Sawyer like that. She finds out about her kidnapping in Season 2 by Charlie. If she tells Jin, Jin will kill sawyer for doing that to his wife. So instead she punches him.
    Paolo will (SPOILER)get shot in the head.

They're as good as dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post

Paolo will (SPOILER)get shot in the head.

They're as good as dead.
    Great.

It's just so the writers can keep up the annoying trend of introducing new characters only to kill them off shortly afterwards. Not that I like Nikki or Paulo, but I liked Libby and Eko, and they were both needlessly killed. I think it would be sort of pointless to introduce yet MORE characters in Season 3 and kill them too. They shouldn't have bothered with Nikki and Paulo in the first place.