Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return Of LOST and Beyond

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    We know the purpose of the fence anyway, and it's not to kill humans. (stupid smoke monster) The others don't like to kill humans.
    I don't think the latter part is true... AT ALL!

cool a "no-flashback" episode! Seriously though (SPOILER) who didnt know lockes dad was the real sawyer?

Its weird though im begining to dislike jack more and more as the epsiodes go by! It was a good episode though though it felt like it was more of a set up for things to come lol!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Who says that was a non-flashback episode? I saw plenty of flashbacks, of Locke in the Others' camp.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's called on-island flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Who says that was a non-flashback episode? I saw plenty of flashbacks, of Locke in the Others' camp.
    oh sorry mate i meant as in your non conventional "pre-crash on the island" flashbacks lol

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lost to end after two more seasons.

My E! Online partner in crime Marc Malkin just announced in his column, Planet Gossip, that ABC is set to announce that Lost will end production after two more seasons.

I know. Breathe, Lost fans. Breathe.

Here's what I can tell you. I just spoke to insiders at ABC and they tell me the network and producers have reached a decision on an end date and they are expected to announce it very soon. This is meant to be a good thing, because now the producers finally can start mapping out the remaining episodes and rolling out some of the major reveals and answers we fans have been waiting for.

I'm also told there are more big changes in store for the show!

According to sources, ABC is planning to push back Lost's return date to January of next year in order to air new episodes back-to-back, and it is also "extremely likely" that Lost will change time slots next season.

Still, the biggest change may be that massive, mind-blowing, cast-related "game-changer" I keep hinting about—to which I am sworn to secrecy, for it is that big—which is revealed in the season finale. (I cannot wait for you to see it.)

Word is, Lost is moving to an earlier hour, which will make at least one fan happy: Josh Holloway's brother. "I do feel like we're in the wrong time slot," Josh told me during my recent trek to the set in Hawaii. "Most definitely too late, because I lost my own brother. He’s like, 'Dude, I got to get to work in the morning!' I’m just going to say it. Let’s move it back to 9 o’clock or 8 o’clock."

Let it be said that Josh Holloway and his brother have mad pull.

So, what do you all think of saying goodbye to Lost in only two more seasons? And, more important, who needs a hug? 'Cause I could sure use one...

2:00 p.m. update:

Since this story launched earlier today, I have been hearing from multiple sources inside ABC that the story is "more complex" than what was originally reported by my colleague Marc Malkin in E! Online's Planet Gossip.

According to these sources, ABC will be making an announcement declaring an end date for Lost very soon. However, the exact number of remaining episodes and seasons is still muddy—and might not be exactly two seasons.

The good news? You don't have to wait long. I'm told the announcement will be made within the next few days.
    Source

I personally think that two seasons is too long. 1 more full season should be just enough to wrap things up. But I'm soooooo glad that they're going to give the show a cut off point. Now the writers can really plan out how this is going to go down rather than meandering all over the place.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah that's great news. It's already starting to wrap up though. A lot about the island has been revealed in the last few episodes, and I didn't think things like the real Sawyer would come until the very end. I hope with this end in sight they can provide some good stories for the next two years.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Agreed.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm glad the end is in sight, but two seasons sounds perfectly fine to me. Wouldn't want the last season to be hasty, and I want a well thought out ending. :mog:

I was a bit surprised to see the others wanting Locke to (SPOILER)kill his own father. I just don't see what good can come of it, and I also thought they didn't believe in killing people.

Also, was Richard wearing eyeliner in this episode or what?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, here's the official news.

One mystery solved: 'Lost' to end in 2010

The end is in sight for ABC's acclaimed island mystery Lost, but fans will have to wait until 2010 for all the answers.

In a highly unusual move, the network announces plans today to end the show after three more shortened seasons of 16 episodes each. The episodes will air consecutively, repeat-free, from February to May.

ABC's bold step marks a response to the show's producers, who have been eager to set a finish line to better plot out their convoluted mystery of plane-crash survivors and to placate fans who are frustrated that the show seemed to be vamping its way to a conclusion.

Among fans there was an unease that they were making an investment in a show that's complicated without any sense of where that's going to lead them," co-creator Damon Lindelof said in an exclusive interview. "From the very beginning, fans and even critics have been saying, 'Are you making it up as you go along?' " which was "a legitimate question."

Now, with a still far-away ending in sight, Lindelof says he and executive producer Carlton Cuse have "specific designs for ending the next two seasons" and promises that with the answer-filled season finale May 23, viewers "will begin to get an idea of what that design will be, and it will not be at all what they expect.
    Source and rest of the article here.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So it's basically two regular seasons except it's dragged through three years. My main concern here is going without Lost from June to January. I would rather want them to have two longer seasons and wrap it up in 2009.

But yeah, ending in sight is good.

I'll still be watching lost until I graduate.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This all sounds pretty sweet. For me Lost was very quickly fading away but this brings it right back. It's good to see a network step up and make a commitment like that. Only good things can follow from this.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

I'll be 19 when this finishes :mog:

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll be old enought to drink.