Thread: Hidden costumes???

Default Hidden costumes???

Uhh, yeah, so i've had final fanatsy IX since it came out back before the next generation, and i heard you can get secret costumes for Zidane and some of the guys by killing that wizards mobnster thing without using magic? (near the beginning in the ice caver)

I've tried to do it loads of times but always gave up! so i've never actually managed to do it.

Is this even true?!?! Can they actually have fancy new clothes? and is it worth it or how is it done?

Thanks lots and lots!

p.s. just general irritation i thought to add. why can't you breed chocobos in every FF game?? it's great!! Chocobo stallion, please???
    give me some sugar baby
    -Bruce Campbell, Army of Darkness

Have you done it and killed the monster?? You have to kill the monster before you kill the man! It’s pretty hard

This is what I read on the internet

How to change the costumes:
    When you are in the ice cavern and you beat the giant monster that the little man summons without using magic the man will give up and he will give you an item and run away. Now go to deli village and in the hotel you can get changed in to a different costume.

why would they lie about a thing like that? I think if a man gives you an ITEM then the chances are more likely.
    give me some sugar baby

Quote Originally Posted by johncullum View Post
    why would they lie about a thing like that?
    Because it's funny to see people jump through hoops to, say, revive Aeris (using an example from FFVII).

Anyway, whatever your source is, it is complete BS. Zidane, the only one who can fight Black Waltz #1 and Sealion, doesn't have any magic skills, unless you consider dyne magic, in which case the source should be more specific, and there is no Deli village (though I think that might've been a typo ).

But, but, those pictures on the discs (PAL version anyway) are proof! Are you people blind? They're totally not just concept art used to make us ask questions or anything!

seriously though. this sux. why is the truth always so boring? does anything like thise ever actually exist???

im gonna stop now and play FF6 instead. the only save i have to use i have called Locke, Clocke!! Its really quite irritating.

thanks anyway!
    give me some sugar baby

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, I changed my Zidane to a monkey suit. It looks pretty nice on him.

ive read about this as well, by saying magic or summon magic it means you must defeat sealion before black waltzes 1 by just using attack even when you go into trance
    this is very hard becuase the mage masher is the strongest weapon to have eqipped and you would have to level up a lot to do more damage
    plus sealion keeps getting healed

the costume part is a load of bs.
    But on some sites their are a lot of rumors like this and some are hillarious

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

I heard one that said that if you name Dagger Rally Ho or whatever after you get out of ice cavern that when you get to Condei Petey that you'll get to see Zidane's evil twin.

This of course was a load of bs because I tried it (and felt incredibly stupid afterwards) and there isn't even enough space to put Rally Ho so I had to go through half the game (or until I found the Nemingway card) with her name being RallyHo. So my advice is to NOT listen to these rumors.

1st Class Angel Seifer the Knight's Avatar

No, there are no hidden costumes. I've played FFIX through and through literally 15 times and I've never found anything about secret costumes.
    People and their rumors.
    If you join remember to put "Yggdrasill" as your referral.

Fry: "Why are those kids following you? Do you have candy stuck to your ass?"
    Bender: "It's called P.A.R.E.N.T.I.N.G."

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

What wizard's monster?
    ...Geddit?

What are the Hawaiian T-Shirts for? I heard if you got eight, all your characters would wear them...

They are real items I got like three..

I want to say that's right (sounds very, very familiar) but after scouring the guidebook (though didn't look through it entirely, so might've missed something) and seeing that all the extra "official guidebook tips website" (PlayOnline.com) are nowhere to be found, I cannot confirm the truthfulness of that...sorry :/
    Signature = lame excuse to use the heart emoticons

PSP IZ DA DAWGZ!!!!!!! Cid Vicious's Avatar

I can confirm that Black Waltz No1 giving you an extra costume is false (at least in the PAL version), once you've killed the Sealion the fight will just continue. It's also false that if you call Dagger "Pleb" outside the Ice Cavern, Steiner will give Vivi a Octagon Rod. There just made up to get people to get people to waste their time doing it, like i did. ;)