Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA 4

Default GTA 4

GTA4, has been in my head for a while, soon as i completed san andreas. I heard that it might be about a child, and you have to grow him up, through different stages of his life. Im keen on this idea, but i doubt its a reliable source of info.

What different ideas do you lot think GTA4 will have, and what sort of time period do you think it will be in?

BTW, i also know that it supposedly gonna be out on October the 19th, for those in Europe, and October the 16th, for those in north American.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know that speculation will only lead to disappointment.

I hope, however, that it's set in the near future. The past is great, but unless we're going to get the 80s again I'm not interested. 2020s ftw!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I always wanted them to do a futuristic GTA, tbh. Stealing little spacecraft you fly around the map in, shooting people with giant rail guns and all the like. It would be valid.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    I always wanted them to do a futuristic GTA, tbh. Stealing little spacecraft you fly around the map in, shooting people with giant rail guns and all the like. It would be valid.
    Eww, it would not be valid. Go play star wars or something.

I would prefer modern or historic, like early 20th century or something.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Star wars sucks ass!

They can only keep doing the same thing over and over again until it gets boring. The latest games out are already showing signs of repetitiveness and lack of interesting things to do. Missions just generally consist of "drive here, collect this item/shoot this person/these people, drive back while the cops are on you" and so forth.

The series needs a change in order to not suck.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

We need to be able to level buildings with bombs and have them be rebuilt over the course of a few days in game time. That could be awesome.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    We need to be able to level buildings with bombs and have them be rebuilt over the course of a few days in game time. That could be awesome.
    Gonna QFT and also validate what Kyonny said about teh railgun futures.

Levian is, however, invalid. xD

It should be like Suikoden, in the way that you become the leader of something or other, and have to go around town recruiting people to your cause and building up power.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    They can only keep doing the same thing over and over again until it gets boring. The latest games out are already showing signs of repetitiveness and lack of interesting things to do. Missions just generally consist of "drive here, collect this item/shoot this person/these people, drive back while the cops are on you" and so forth.
    Rly? I think San Andreas is the best game so far.

I agree that change is good, but there's other ways to change stuff and staying true to the series at the same time. There ain't just one way to make a game about gangs and crimes in this era. The only thing holding you back is imagination really. I know I would get disappointed if I bought GTA 4, putting the game in my PS and playing the game without getting the GTA feeling at all. It'd be better to name the game something else then. and I don't think GTA has run out of ideas yet, they have tons of material to work with.

and plus I hate everything futuristic.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

... still invalid, bub.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Your face is invalid.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I’m with Levian on this one. My god, over the past few months I have been reading what people have predicted for GTA4 and it’s... horrendous. Hopefully Rockstar keeps that kind of unsavory crowd well at bay.

I have read stuff along the lines of:

<blockquote>gtai4 should start off in 2014 and tommi vercetti and (SPOILER)cloud and cJohnson ® in prison & it is like prison break and tommy is old and part cyborg but so is cj and when they break out they go to home and tommy vercetti becomes inducted into Groove Street Famz because he helped cjiddle to escape from the prison remember back there and he will help fight a new wave of evil ballas but this time they are golden rebbits with rockit launchers! And tanks to rob the homes... and then victor vance comes back to life and phil. has a dream about vietnam and then you have to steal a space shuttle and drop the bomb on north korea or iranque! the last boss will be mike toreno riding on a dragon who is actual phil collins</blockquote>

And:

“London.”

Whatever happens, I know I will buy the game eventually, like the pathetic sheep I am.
    Last edited by Meat Puppet; 02-09-2007 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Forgot: My manners.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Your face is invalid.
    Your stool is invalid.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Rly? I think San Andreas is the best game so far.

I agree that change is good, but there's other ways to change stuff and staying true to the series at the same time. There ain't just one way to make a game about gangs and crimes in this era. The only thing holding you back is imagination really. I know I would get disappointed if I bought GTA 4, putting the game in my PS and playing the game without getting the GTA feeling at all. It'd be better to name the game something else then. and I don't think GTA has run out of ideas yet, they have tons of material to work with.

and plus I hate everything futuristic.
    Vice City was more playable than San Andreas, while San Andreas definitely had better gameplay, it just didn't have the awesome factor of Vice City. Anyway, I was referring to the two GTA: Stories games. Granted, they were for the PSP, but that still doesn't change the fact that they're just re-inventing the wheel.

Give us something new to do, damn it!

Actually, I forgot earlier, me and Paul were talking about this the other day. I think the most awesome thing they could make would be GTA: Jihad.

well im guessing your referring to Vice City Stories and Liberty Stories, and i have both on psp. Both of those games severely disappointing because i thought the game play was far too short. But they only keep on reinventing the same story in the latest grand theft games, WHY? Because their all the spin off versions, which will obviously show the same aspects of the original game its based on. So these Story games have nothing to do with their major project at the moment (GTA4), and by the way i think san andreas was far better than Vice city.

When CJ sang to himself, and when you can go to the barbers. Aaaaahhhh those were the good old days..
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.