Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it good enough?

If you'll be able to access the Mognet feature it's definitely worth considering getting.

The Mognet feature is severely flawed as you can only send one message an hour.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSpamGrover View Post
    The Mognet feature is severely flawed as you can only send one message an hour.
    Simply turn yoru DS clock one hour forward and mail away. I got my Onion Knight under twenty minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Simply turn yoru DS clock one hour forward and mail away. I got my Onion Knight under twenty minutes.
    Wow, way to think outside the box. I never thought about that.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Personally, FFIII was a mediocre FF to me. I think you should wait until the other FF's come out. It may drop by $20 dollars or so.

As others have already said, buying a console for one game is a pointless waste of money. But as others have also said, FFIII isn't exacly the only good game on the DS. Square Enix are supporting the DS like crazy. I mean, Dragon Quest 9 is a DS exclusive. DRAGON QUEST 9! The actual next game in the series. DS exclusive.

Plus there are all the Final Fantasy Advance games, which even though they are pretty new you could still probally buy cheap, especally 1, 2, and 4.

And then there are the SE tacktical games, such as the Cystal Cronicles game, and the Ivalice Alliance games (Final Fantasy Tacktiocs Advance 1+2, Final Fantasy XII: RE).

And yet there is more! Children of Mana! Magical Startsign. And these are just the Square games! What about Castlevania, Lunar Dragon Song, Lost in Blue, and many others that arn't RPGS!

So, to summerize, don't buy a DS for FFIII. Thats silly. Buy it for all the Square games!

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!

Well the game is very good, though beating it is a challenge.

I suggest you get the DS, and buy more games for it than just FFIII. But really, is Final fantasy not a good enough reason to buy any console? Of course its a good enough reason! Its Final Fantasy!
    God Loves you.
    Christ Died for you.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I've been thinking that question too. However, so far it seems I won't be buying a DS just for FFIII. The console costs 160 euros and the game will cost about 50 euros, so it just won't be worth it, especially when I'm not planning to get any other DS games. Maybe when the prices go down, though. I bought a PS2 for FFX (that was 335 euros for a PS2, 70 euros for FFX), and that got me quite worried since FFX was quite a disappointment for me. Fortunately, Kingdom Hearts and some other great games later made the PS2 worth it.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Articles
    Blog Entries

everyone already summed it up, if you buy a DS, not only can you play III on it, but the first 6 FF's plus a few side games.

As to the quality of FFIIIDS, I thought it was very well done, the graphics, sound, and text are all improved upon, and strangely enough it still has an NES feel to it.

Hour-wise, it took me more time collecting everything/beating the game than I spent on the other 5 original FF's, including VI. In that case it was well worth the purchase.

This is when I hate living in south africa. You don't GET stuff like that here. I have never seen a DS here, let alone any old FFs. I never even saw Origins and Chronicles for the PS1 here. Sad sad days.
    I'd love to play the FFIII DS version but unfortunately for now I'll just have to be happy with my illegal rom until I buy a DS off the net or something.
    Too big.

Square is also already making FFIV DS version! Thats add to your DS Square list. I'm still waiting for FFIIIDS in New Zealand but not for long...I'm going to get it when it came (I already pre-order FFIIIDS). I already own a DS thanks to RES and Metroid Hunter (Those games got stolen some how).

Not only does the DS have FFIII, it also will have FFIV remade for it, and more RPG's like FFTA2, FFXII:RW and Dragon Quest IX. But you know, aside from that there's some other good games out and coming out for it.

Things like New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Castlevania, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, and loads more are worth getting.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."