Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are your views on pedophilia/hebephilia?

There's nothing even remotely "civilized" about allowing people to rape babies.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    This is what we call "brain development" and/or "maturity." A middle-aged man should not be just as attracted to sixteen-year-old girls as he was when he was sixteen. Tempted by their supple young flesh, maybe, but the level of attraction, if there at all, should be limited so superficial oogling.
    That's not a very sensible assertion. The image of sexuality is associated with whatever is fit / healthy / young and able to produce the best genes. The whole purpose of having a sex drive is merely to reproduce, so of course our minds will target whatever they see most fit for this purpose. So, I think people have a natural tendency to be attracted to young persons who are in the prime of their sexual development. (i.e., teenagers) The other group of people -- those who are attracted to specific groups, certain fetishism, etc. -- are just acting on psychological desires.

That's my theory.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> At some point of our history society will accept every kind of sexual deviation (we are not civilized enough for this yet), it may take hundred or even thousands of years.. But Im sure society will learn to accept everyone at some point..
    That is a horrific idea. Every kind of sexual deviation? You do realize that this would include things like necrophilia and rape, right? What the HELL is civilized about accepting those kinds of sexual deviance?

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Apparently, true civilization comes from the most barbaric values.

I get the feeling that politics are about to become involved in this discussion...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Youjirou View Post
    This is what we call "brain development" and/or "maturity." A middle-aged man should not be just as attracted to sixteen-year-old girls as he was when he was sixteen. Tempted by their supple young flesh, maybe, but the level of attraction, if there at all, should be limited so superficial oogling.
    That's not a very sensible assertion. The image of sexuality is associated with whatever is fit / healthy / young and able to produce the best genes. The whole purpose of having a sex drive is merely to reproduce, so of course our minds will target whatever they see most fit for this purpose. So, I think people have a natural tendency to be attracted to young persons who are in the prime of their sexual development. (i.e., teenagers) The other group of people -- those who are attracted to specific groups, certain fetishism, etc. -- are just acting on psychological desires.

That's my theory.
    A human's prime reproductive years are not their teen years, so that theory fails right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Youjirou View Post
    I get the feeling that politics are about to become involved in this discussion...
    If it were EoEO, you would also fear the slough of religious arguments and the like. Luckily, this is General Chat, so it gains a 75% resistance to such things - usually.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

So we should allow, approve of, and endorse people who like to have sex with babies and/or very young children?
    That is a horrific idea. Every kind of sexual deviation? You do realize that this would include things like necrophilia and rape, right? What the HELL is civilized about accepting those kinds of sexual deviance?
    >>> Its just my vision of the future. Im not saying its ok to do all that stuff, even I dont approve those sexual behaviour, thats why I said we are not ready to accept that kind of stuff right know..
    Society always evolve in something completely different If you look at the past of our history many civilizations condemned and committed atrocities and they were ok with it because they thought it was the right thing to do. We are no different from that..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Yeah, but see, society gets more civilized as time goes by, not less... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    One would hope, anyways...

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    >>> I feel like our current concept of "more civilized" will radically change in the future generations..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> Its just my vision of the future. Im not saying its ok to do all that stuff, even I dont approve those sexual behaviour, thats why I said we are not ready to accept that kind of stuff right know..
    Society always evolve in something completely different If you look at the past of our history many civilizations condemned and committed atrocities and they were ok with it because they thought it was the right thing to do. We are no different from that..
    So... your argument is that though we don't accept things like raping babies now, if we were more "civilized" we <i>would</i> (and if I'm understanding you correctly, we <i>should</i>)?

That's disgusting. Thankfully no remotely reasonable person would ever condone such actions.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I somehow doubt the definition of "civilized" will change to include violating the rights of other humans. Hopefully society will continue to move away from accepting such things.

A human's prime reproductive years are not their teen years, so that theory fails right there.
    Yes, they are. Teenagers having raging hormones for a reason.

I heard somewhere that a male is at his sexual peak at 18 a female at 40. Dont know if thats true but heard it often.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche