Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are your views on pedophilia/hebephilia?

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I still need you to explain how it is damaging to the child, though, Shlup. I'll get to the brain development thing in a second, too. I think.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    This is what we call "brain development" and/or "maturity." A middle-aged man should not be just as attracted to sixteen-year-old girls as he was when he was sixteen. Tempted by their supple young flesh, maybe, but the level of attraction, if there at all, should be limited so superficial oogling.
    That's kinda implying that back when he was 16, there was anything other than being tempted by their supple young flesh. And whatever the reproductive peak might be, teenagers are still, generally speaking, excellent choices for mating with in biological terms. So attraction can't be helped. Acting on it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    That is a horrific idea. Every kind of sexual deviation? You do realize that this would include things like necrophilia and rape, right? What the HELL is civilized about accepting those kinds of sexual deviance?
    ... What's wrong with necrophilia again? Other than it being squicky? You can't hurt an inanimate object.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Pedophilia does have negative affects on society. Engaging children in sexual relationships is damaging to them, and, therefore, damaging to society. I BELIEVE THE CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE! TEACH THEM WELL AND LET THEM LEAD THE WAY! SHOW THEM ALL THE BEAUTY THEY POSSESS INSIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!
    That's why pedophiles do their thing to show children that they are beautiful and loved!

-

If I seem glib, it's because I can't bring myself to care too much about people who've been sexually abused. I was, I'm still alive, it doesn't impact my day-to-day life, except insofar as a determination not to be so infringed upon again. *shrugs* I have no time for excessive QQing about it.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you want to get Shlup in a serious mood just talk about kids in relation to the adult world.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Or if your goal is to get me to beat you over the head with a metal rod. Either way.

I give up. If you can't think of why it's not appropriate for children to be engaged in sexual activity with adults or otherwise, please feel free to PM me with your address so I can send you something toxic through FedEx.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Because children don't know any better. You can't consent to what you don't understand.
    well it could be said that many people of age of consent don't know any better either, but sexual maturity stands in as a substitute for them
    Sexual maturity can't stand as a substitute, though, especially when more and more girls are reaching sexual maturity at younger and younger ages. I was capable of having babies when I was ten years old. I didn't even know what sex was until a year or so later. I was still convinced that you could get pregnant through kissing.

This reminds me of that thing about the youngest mother ever was something like five years old. I don't feel like looking it up, but can you seriously argue that a 5-year-old gave consent to whomever did that to her? She was sexually mature, obviously.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think she was six. It's on Snopes.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm on your side, you nitpicker! xD :<3:

But then it made me curious so I found it. Ta-da

that's the point i was trying to bring up..there's no real way of knowing when we, as a whole society, are ready for the act of sex, let alone the implications of parenthood which can be coupled with it, and since the trend now shows that sexual maturity is somehow coming at younger ages for women, this is even more of an issue. age of consent being higher than ten or so doesn't necessarily mean that it's high enough.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So what you're saying is that just because someone is considered to be old enough and physically mature enough to consent doesn't mean they're necessarily mentally/psychologically mature enough to consent.

yes.

and how this relates to the topic is beyond me at this point i am the confused

;p

And? Do you not see the differences between homosexuality and pedophilia? The two aren't comparable so why even bring it up?
    How are they not comparable? Pedophilia is like homosexuality in that it can't be controlled and it isn't a 'choice'. The difference is that one is okay to act on and one isn't. But they're certainly comparable. Equal, even. (Maybe)
    ... What's wrong with necrophilia again? Other than it being squicky? You can't hurt an inanimate object.
    If I were dead I'd want to be treated with more respect than that.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 02-13-2007 at 01:59 AM.

but homosexuality used to be viewed, at least in western society, as horrible, immoral, illegal...

does that mean that pedofilia may one day be the same?? i don't think so.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine View Post
    And? Do you not see the differences between homosexuality and pedophilia? The two aren't comparable so why even bring it up?
    How are they not comparable? Pedophilia is like homosexuality in that it can't be controlled and it isn't a 'choice'. The difference is that one is okay to act on and one isn't. But they're certainly comparable. Equal, even. (Maybe)
    If you can't decifer what I meant then too damn bad!

And that's why I like having this thread here instead of EoEO.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

The only reason that "one is okay to act on and one isn't" is the current state of society. Society says this. Society says that. If Society told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it? Society sees children as immature because that is how it treats them. Children do not have the ability to consent to much because Society will not give it to them.

Children are our future. That is very true. Until we start giving them options, however, we'll never empower them.

Blah.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    tl;dr too serious for gen chat.

Pedophilia is sick and disturbing.
    I agree, but since this IS General Chat, I can't leave here without something spamworthy.

I'm surprised there haven't been any Pedobear jokes yet.