Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are your views on pedophilia/hebephilia?

Congrats, MILF, you were sexually abused. If you were a decent human being, you'd be able to sympathize with sexual abuse victims. Instead, you're dead inside. Yay for you!

Normal people are devastated by it. Don't EVER downplay that.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

roto, you can't really claim to know anything about how MILF has, is, or will deal with his past. You also can't make claims as to how "normal people" handle sexual abuse, unless you have way more experience than I currently believe you do. If you do, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Eye View Post
    The only reason that "one is okay to act on and one isn't" is the current state of society. Society says this. Society says that. If Society told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it? Society sees children as immature because that is how it treats them. Children do not have the ability to consent to much because Society will not give it to them.

Children are our future. That is very true. Until we start giving them options, however, we'll never empower them.

Blah.
    No. Society isn't prohibiting children in making decisions they're prepared for. Society is protecting children from having to make decisions concerning things their brains are not physically developed enough to understand.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What foa said. *eats ice cream*

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

What would happen if children were given the option? Would they grow to understand seemingly uncomprehendable consequences at earlier ages?

Edit: Put it down, Shlup. You never know when Raistlin'll come in and start calling you a fatty.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    What foa said. *eats ice cream*
    hahahah

HAHAHA

i don't know why but that's hilarious to me

anyway...i think given the choice, most kids would say 'no' to sex...just a guess though

the choice is in the hands (ew) of adults, and if these adults are 'deviant' enough to want to sex up little kids, that means kids are doing something they don't want to do in most cases. again, i don't know for sure, but i never wanted to participate in actual sex acts of any nature when i was a kid

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No and no.

EDIT: That was too Odd Eye.

Given the choice whether or not to have sex with an adult, most children would do what the adult says. Childen are "consentually" sexually assaulted all the time. Children are sexually assaulted without understanding they're being sexually assaulted all the time. More often then not, children don't really know what's being done to them, let alone understand it.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

How can you be certain?

*goes to find Raistlin

Edit: Argh. This is getting confusing now. How can you be certain that children would not grow to understand earlier in life?

ah that's true...they more often than not, don't know any better, and agree...it's only through so much teaching of stranger danger do kids learn to scream/run/hoof in the nuts

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    roto, you can't really claim to know anything about how MILF has, is, or will deal with his past. You also can't make claims as to how "normal people" handle sexual abuse, unless you have way more experience than I currently believe you do. If you do, I apologize.
    It doesn't take a lifetime of being a sex slave to know that sexual abuse can completely smurf someone up, thanks.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Eye View Post
    How can you be certain?

*goes to find Raistlin

Edit: Argh. This is getting confusing now. How can you be certain that children would not grow to understand earlier in life?
    wait, what? Why did you mention me? I don't agree with you.

Childrens' understanding is limited by brain development. There are literally physically limitations as to how fast the brain develops and grows, and your ability to use logic and understand the world around you grows with it. Young children cannot be remotely expected to be able to consent to something they have no conceptual understanding of.

but how do you gain conceptual understanding?? kids get sex ed in 5th grade, is that enough knowledge? or do all virgins not have the ability to understand sex and therefore should not have consentual sex?

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Well, dag. 178 to 1. I guess I'll stop trying now.

I still say that as long as consent (paired with understanding) from both parties is present that it's fine.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    but how do you gain conceptual understanding?? kids get sex ed in 5th grade, is that enough knowledge? or do all virgins not have the ability to understand sex and therefore should not have consentual sex?
    It'd be tough to reproduce if all virgins should never have sex.

But you're able to understand something when your brain is developed enough for you to be able to appreciate and consider the nature of and consequence of such an action. 10-year-olds can't be expected to understand that. 20-year-olds obviously can. Where you draw the line between those is ultimately arbitrary. Modern socieities have typically made that line between 16-18, which is fine with me.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    It doesn't take a lifetime of being a sex slave to know that sexual abuse can completely smurf someone up, thanks.
    At first I didn't understand this, but then I did. The point I was trying to make is everyone deals with abuse differently. While I don't think it's fair for MILF to judge other victims of sexually abuse the way he apparently does, it also doesn't give anyone any right to say mean things about him. What I meant by my second comment was that there's no such thing as normal when you've been through something like that. I understand that isn't apparent, and I apologize for making it seem like I was attacking your knowledge and experience.

Signature by rubah. I think.

yeah works for me raistlin, as usual, you've helped me see.