Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: What are your views on pedophilia/hebephilia?

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I would expect a 10-year-old to know that. >.>

imma late bloomer

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Eye View Post
    I would expect a 10-year-old to know that. >.>
    I didn't know the mechanics of sex when I was ten, thank you. And frankly I think I'm better off that having been that way. I only began to understand babies when my sister had <del>one</del> four, and from lack of experience, I still don't understand them fully.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Congrats, MILF, you were sexually abused. If you were a decent human being, you'd be able to sympathize with sexual abuse victims. Instead, you're dead inside. Yay for you!

Normal people are devastated by it. Don't EVER downplay that.
    It doesn't take a lifetime of being a sex slave to know that sexual abuse can completely smurf someone up, thanks.
    I could go into detail, but I'm gonna go ahead and tell you to read what you've said in those two posts and think verrrrryyyyy carefully about it.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    If I seem glib, it's because I can't bring myself to care too much about people who've been sexually abused. I was, I'm still alive, it doesn't impact my day-to-day life, except insofar as a determination not to be so infringed upon again. *shrugs* I have no time for excessive QQing about it.
    I don't understand that logic. If your reason for not caring is because it hasn't affected you to a great extent, surely a reason for caring would be that it does affect others to a great extent?

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    roto, you can't really claim to know anything about how MILF has, is, or will deal with his past. You also can't make claims as to how "normal people" handle sexual abuse, unless you have way more experience than I currently believe you do. If you do, I apologize.
    It doesn't take a lifetime of being a sex slave to know that sexual abuse can completely smurf someone up, thanks.
    At first I didn't understand this, but then I did. The point I was trying to make is everyone deals with abuse differently. While I don't think it's fair for MILF to judge other victims of sexually abuse the way he apparently does, it also doesn't give anyone any right to say mean things about him. What I meant by my second comment was that there's no such thing as normal when you've been through something like that. I understand that isn't apparent, and I apologize for making it seem like I was attacking your knowledge and experience.
    I really don't care about whether MILF thinks he turned out ok or not. It's the complete callousness to other people who have been through it that really pisses me off. I mean, how cold does someone have to be to say something like that? "Sexually abused as a child? Get over it." It absolutely turns my stomach.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still doesn't give you the right to question his decency as a human being.

Signature by rubah. I think.

And why the hell not? I can't think of anything that would offend me more than that. That's a horrible thing to say by most standards.

And why the hell not? I can't think of anything that would offend me more than that. That's a horrible thing to say by most standards.
    Yep im with Roto on this one, Milfs original comment deserve to be treated with contempt although i will extend my sympathies for whatever he went through.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Because your own callousness towards his experience is kind of hypocritical, don't you think? I agree with you in principle - just because you (general "you") live through a bad experience doesn't negate the bad experiences of other people, nor should that stop you from recognizing such an experience as bad. But you are being a jerk about it.

EDIT: to roto

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mostly because we have rules against it. It doesn't matter a bit to me what you think of MILF, but as long as you're using this forum as a conduit of expression, I'm going to yell at you when you break our rules. MILF didn't disrespect a member no matter how icky his viewpoint is perceived. You are disrespecting MILF. You don't have the right to do that on these forums.

If anyone wants to discuss it further, please PM me.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Can't imagine this thread isn't closed.

I think it’s an attachment disorder encouraged by the media.