Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your views on pedophilia/hebephilia?

Banned

Default What are your views on pedophilia/hebephilia?

This sexuality has received a somewhat infamous label through the years, and while I do understand the reason, I still don't think the sexuality in itself necessarily is anything *bad*.
    Granted, I don't think an underage kiddo should have sexual relationships either, at least not if they are uncomfortable about it.
    BUT, I still maintain that the sexuality should be respected, because pedophiles can't help that they are sexually attracted to an "improper" type of people.
    I actually feel sorry for them; being sexually attracted to someone you "shouldn't" or "can't" have a relationship with sounds terrible.

To be perfectly honest, I'm a bit of a hebephile myself, because I usually find 14-year-old girld very attractive, and I'm sure lots of other guys my age do it as well.
    I see nothing wrong about this, so long as I treat them respectfully and don't go overboard in any way.
    The fault about this sexuality is the fact that SOME pedophiles go overboard a lot, and using a child is, of course, totally unacceptable, whatever the reasons.
    But we must keep in mind this only concerns a PART of the pedophiles in general; being sexually attracted to children doesn't automatically make you a pervert, it just means you're attracted to children, and some pedophiles might even dislike it themselves.
    They dare not confess to their families, because although they would (hopefully) accept it, they're terrified as to what consequences it might result in.

I think pedophilia and hebephilia has earned a deeper understanding; the sexualities are, indeed, very tricky, but they should still be respected as much as possible.

Pedophiles FTW!

(SPOILER)Just don't touch or try to start anything, then I couldn't care less.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

REAL LOVE OVERCOME THE AGE BARRIER

Don't touch them. >_>

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post
    But we must keep in mind this only concerns a PART of the pedophiles in general; being sexually attracted to children doesn't automatically make you a pervert, it just means you're attracted to children, and some pedophiles might even dislike it themselves.
    Many do; self-harm, and/or trying to project it elsewhere (e.g. onto dolls and the like), and other things of a similar nature are common among pedophiles.

Hebephilia is so commonplace I doubt most even see it as a paraphilia.

Pedophiles should be respected insofar as their natural state is such, in the same way as anyone else's orientation is. However, there are good reasons for not acting on these feelings. It really does suck to be them, but that's life; hopefully one day we'll figure out how to come to a good solution to the issue.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's hebephilia? :3

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Seeing as illness is defined by the degree which a biological/psychological variation negatively affects a person's life, I see these "sexualities" as illnesses that should be treated. Though there is currently no effective treatment for them. Sux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    What's hebephilia? :3
    Welcome to internets, Joyee.

hebephilia

1. sexual attraction felt by an adult to young people; ephebophilia

ephebophilia

1. a sexual orientation or preference in which an adult's primary sexual attraction is towards pubescent or postpubescent adolescents

I think society has a pretty skewed idea of what natural attraction is. For example, it's often considered pedophilia for a 40-year old man to find a 16-year old girl attractive. Why wouldn't he? He probably found such girls attractive when he was that age, so it's not like his attention to that sort of detail is going to up and change later on in life. Of course, acting on it is another story... and another issue aside.

However, there is a very big difference when it comes to much younger people. I don't really understand how an 8-year old could be considered attractive by any means. They're just... not physically developed. But if a person does indeed feel attraction to 8-year olds, then I think it would be more for psychological reasons, and not necessarily something related to biological orientation. I really have no clue, though. A lot of people suggest that pedophilia must be a hard-wired trait, given that it's so difficult to "treat." But as far as my opinion is concerned, I think most of the difficulty in dealing with pedophilia is that too many people have strong feelings toward the issue, and it would be difficult to set that aside for the sake of making a scientific effort to understand it. i.e., it's easier to say that pedophiles are simply sick rather than actually studying the psychology of it.

OK having feelings like that towards a child may be beyond someones control but acting on those feelings is not. I do find that saying one day its illegal and the next is fine because its their birthday is ludicrous but like drinking, smoking etc there has to be an age limit and it will by definition be a bit daft.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Youjirou View Post
    I think society has a pretty skewed idea of what natural attraction is. For example, it's often considered pedophilia for a 40-year old man to find a 16-year old girl attractive. Why wouldn't he? He probably found such girls attractive when he was that age, so it's not like his attention to that sort of detail is going to up and change later on in life. Of course, acting on it is another story... and another issue aside.
    This is what we call "brain development" and/or "maturity." A middle-aged man should not be just as attracted to sixteen-year-old girls as he was when he was sixteen. Tempted by their supple young flesh, maybe, but the level of attraction, if there at all, should be limited so superficial oogling.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> At some point of our history society will accept every kind of sexual deviation (we are not civilized enough for this yet), it may take hundred or even thousands of years.. But Im sure society will learn to accept everyone at some point..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Define "accept."

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I really feel sorry for people who like children, I mean sure, the ones who kidnap and rape and kill and such, is incredibly wrong and awful. But... Those who can't help the attraction, I guess as long as they don't act upon it then it's fine.

Are pedophiles only attracted to children? If yes, then I feel even more sorry for them. (the nice ones)
    jkhkjg

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Define "accept."
    >>> Accept, consent, allow, approbate, approve, authorize, endorse, let, permit, sanction... or something like that.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

So we should allow, approve of, and endorse people who like to have sex with babies and/or very young children?