Thread: I'm one Lucky Bastard O_o

Default I'm one Lucky Bastard O_o

Yesterday(Sunday)I started to play FF XII for the first time in a month. I did a couple of hunts and bought some Bubble belts. Then I went on to face Gilgamesh(2nd battle). I felt pretty confident that I could beat him since I equipped all my characters with bubble belts(he completely murdered me the first 3 times before I bought the belts). As I entered the battle, I was doing pretty well against Enkidu, but then I realized something. I only had 5 Phoenix Downs! O_o Usually in tough battles like these, I usually like to come in with at least 30. So I quickly used them all up. So I ended switching up between Ashe and Penelo so they can use Arise(they are my two main healers). And you know how powerful Gilgamesh with with his Bitter End and Monarch Sword attacks. They usually annihilate a person even with a Bubble belt. But it seems that Gilgamesh never uses these abilities on my healers. So I ended up beating him in the end. Pretty lucky, no? O_o

Oh, and btw, although this was somewhat a tough fight, this was the most funnest battle I've ever played in

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

He was easy but annoying. What was the sword he took back in the end? Is that an allusion that I'm not aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Magus of Zeal View Post
    He was easy but annoying. What was the sword he took back in the end? Is that an allusion that I'm not aware of?
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Sword is from the Dragon Quest series

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Sword is from the Dragon Quest series
    Yes: it is Loto's (Erdrick's) sword.

2nd battle with gilgamesh...where???i hope i dont have to go through the places abysteel....darned things take up 1k+ per hit
    owh..signature..cool!!!! lemme get my pen....*goes to get pen n comes back* there we go.....HOLY SH*T I've DESTROYED MY MONITOR!!!

Which Dragon quest is that? And why the heck did they put Dragon quest in an FF!? They've never done something like this from one of their other games.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Which Dragon quest is that? And why the heck did they put Dragon quest in an FF!? They've never done something like this from one of their other games.
    Loto (Erdrick) came from the fist 3 Dragon Quest games (which were still called Dragon Warrior in the states until their respective Gameboy remakes). Another romanization is Roto instead of Loto.

Erdrick, Roto, and Loto are all the same hero/title.

And in all actuality, Erdrick was referenced in the original Final Fantasy. There is a tomb that reads here lies Erdrick in a town. When Final Fantasy shipped to the US, it instead read "Here lies Link".

So it's not the first time Dragon Quest (or Erdrick specifically) was referenced in FF.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    2nd battle with gilgamesh...where???i hope i dont have to go through the places abysteel....darned things take up 1k+ per hit
    Aye, full of Absteels and some tough skeletons plus a murdering tresure bug if you take the wrong path. And Gilgamesh is much tougher the second time.

You will need a key iirc
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

key???site 11??
    owh..signature..cool!!!! lemme get my pen....*goes to get pen n comes back* there we go.....HOLY SH*T I've DESTROYED MY MONITOR!!!

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

>_> Revive / Arise + Syphon gambits ftw?! I haven't fought his second form yet because I'm obsessing with a stupid dragon in Silverend's Flow.
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalshiva View Post
    >_> Revive / Arise + Syphon gambits ftw?! I haven't fought his second form yet because I'm obsessing with a stupid dragon in Silverend's Flow.
    lol it took me a half hour to kill it..stupid thing..

Gilgamesh's defense gets up really high when he's in cr...
    I took the easy way, decoy + reverse on Vaan. lol :P

It's funny when you look at the sword after the battle "It's just an ordinary Sword of Legend". how ordinary is it anyway? :P

I found this game to be easy. The strategy guide would stress about that and that, when in the end, it wasnt really a big deal. I beat the end boss in one try, and only died twice throught the game,,,

Quote Originally Posted by tidus_rox View Post
    I found this game to be easy. The strategy guide would stress about that and that, when in the end, it wasnt really a big deal. I beat the end boss in one try, and only died twice throught the game,,,
    Did you try the optional bosses like Hell Wyrm or Omega Mk.XII? :P