Thread: quickenings...

quickenings...

hey i have to ask about the idea of having to activate quickenings as you do them, is this likely to annoy me cause from what i have seen of them on youtube and such they are quite cool to see, but having to activate them means your watching the bars at the bottom of the screen instead.
    so you cant really sit back and just enjoy the visuals?

this annoyed me in ff8 aswell when it came to squalls limit break thingy (forgot name) cause you were so busy acitvating his gun sword at the right moment you couldnt watch him just slashing your enemy to death, kinda annoyed me lol

any thoughts?
    Silverjunky

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

Quickenings in order to give your characters mist charges are very effective and help out later in the game when you have to go against monsters with considerable amounts of HP (like hunts for example). I would get quickenings as soon as possible, and the activating them in a chain can get a bit redundant, but if you can click the buttons fast enough and get high chains, like at least 10, then it'll pay off.

If you sit back and do nothing you will take like 200 damage.

You have to press one of the 3 buttons that appear next to the character names. If none appear at some point press R2 and keep pressing it (not too quick though) and one should appear. Thats how you can get 10 or so chains and take like 20000+ damage.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

After watching the animations 2-3 times it gets old. It is always the same scene for each quickening.

When you level up, use each quickening once so you can watch the little movie to your hearts content. When you finally tire of it, then you can go for quickening chains with no regrets
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Practice.

What I did was to find a save crystal and start using Quickeings on foes nearby. When I ran out of mist charges I'd run back and replenish them at the crystal. All the practice helped me figure out the system and trained my fingers to be fast enough so I could do it right when it was important.

Once you've got it down the Quickenings are well worth having.
    I am employee #1135: master of paperwork.