Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need info abaut gilgamesh

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I didn't back up Square regarding their original script. In fact, what I said was quite the opposite :p. I said Ted Woolsey's translation was less accurate than the new translation. However, I think he's pretty justified. He had very little time to do it, and he had to compress it a lot to make it fit on the SNES cartridge.

His original translation was more accurate than the one we saw in the game, but he had to cut down words and sentences where ever he could, because the script was larger than what would fit on the cartridge.

I'm not German, I'm Norwegian, but if you want, I can translate it to German as well :p.

Familie... und freunde. (I think, anyway.)
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Well I have the newest translated version and I see no errors in it...Atleast Terra is Tina.
    Those who feel the wrath of my blade can not be resurrected

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

What are you talking about now, the newest official release or the newest fan-translation? What do you mean by no errors, no grammatical or spelling errors, or no mistranslations from the original Japanese script? In case of the latter, do you know Japanese well enough to tell?

Well RPGOnes latest release is much better then FF6:A...The new side quests are to just brain wash you into thinking that the crap is better then what it was during FF3. Also as I said I see no spelling mistakes and of course the grammar is messed up but all games from the SNES had grammar problems.

No, My Japanese is not to great...only a few sentences and a bit of Kanji...

EDIT:

O....O I guess I was caught up in my ego about the FF6SNES being much better.....Then FF6A. Okay so FF6A is better but.........Ah sump it I have been beaten by you Mirage.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Your Japanese isn't great, yet you know that RPGOne's translation is far more accurate than the GBA release's translation?

And no, I think the new release is better just cause of the new script, the other parts of the game are pretty much the same, and the game invokes the same feelings as I felt the first time I played through it. The bonus dungeon doesn't do anything to the storyline anyway, and almost nothing is said in there.

Also, some bugs and glitches has been fixed, most notably the evasion, sketch and rippler bugs, but some new ones have snuck their way in...

My only issue with the GBA port is the audio quality. It really sucks compared to the SNES, but that's because the GBA has an inferior sound chip, and it's kind of difficult to avoid that problem. At least they did their best to make the most memorable and important songs sound true to the original, such as the ending theme, Terra's theme and a few others.

Square-Enix is trying to brainwash me by providing extra incentive to buy a game I would have bought regardless?

THE BASTARDS!

Well the sketch and mirage fix where done by RPGOne and SkyRender aswell...Also Doom and Vanish still worked... O andThe Evasion and M Evasion where fixed without new problems.

EDIT:

Bunny I have already stated in an EDIT of my last post that I have been beaten by Mirage...I see no point in continuing my posting on this matter. I was wrong about FF6:A, My ego got the better of me.

BUT FF6Jap and the RPGOne/SkyRender re-translation beats the FF3 release on Snes...That is all I meant.
    O and Mirage I am sorry if it seamed I was getting flamish I never meant to cause trouble.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Vanish/Doom was never meant to work though. It's correct the way it is in the GBA version, where it doesn't work.

It's nice that RPGOne and SkyRender fixed those bugs. I don't really see how that has much to do with the GBA version though. They can't just reuse something a fan made and put it on a GBA cart.

The only new bug I know of is one that makes Interceptor protect others than Shadow, but I never encountered that bug myself. Another minor issue is that the game sometimes slows down when there's a lot of action on screen, due to the CPU of the GBA being weaker than that of the SNES.