Thread: ROM Hacks

Default ROM Hacks

I'm sure this thread has probably come and gone, because I can't imagine that it wouldn't come up at some point unless it's against some rule that I missed, but being new and curious I will post it anyway.
    I hadn't heard of FF Hackster until I had come to these here forums, but now I find it quite fun to fool around with, and educational no less. It's pretty cool that I can now see how the game works and such.
    So, I was just curious to see what hacks you all have dreamed up and made. Mine isn't that great, just a rewrite of the dialogue mostly that is mildly entertaining, if ever (favorite part is what I did with the Circle of Sages). A few other changes I made was renaming NINJA to SAMURAI, Bl.Belt = SENPAI, MASTER = SENSEI. I also changed their sprite coloring. Oh, and the Katana looks like the Masmune now, since it's smallness had always bugged me a lot before.
    I had a bit of a problem, though. I didn't want to change anything except those things, but somehow all the characters are getting like 18 Hits on everything and leveling up about every battle. All the stats seem to be normal, so if someone could fix that/tell me how to fix it, that would be great.
    Otherwise, post your hacks, everybody.

(Extra note: I also noticed that Hackster lacks the ability to change the title, prelude, and ending screens, along with their text. And, I can't change the descriptive text on key items. It would also be quite desirable if the music could be messed with, but I guess that would be a ridiculously hard thing to hack, wouldn't it?)
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was going to rewrite it in gangsta speech, but then I didn't.

i made a completely new game, new world map, new character classes, completely new sprites, new weapons, new spells. Yeah basically everything. Still have it on this computer, never quite finished it though.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9