Thread: The Elusive Vagyrisk Claw

Default The Elusive Vagyrisk Claw

Well at the moment I'm working on a perfect FFVII game, and that means collecting 99 of all the items that it is possible for.

One such item is the evil Vagyrisk Claw. Most seem to already know about the 3 you can get from the Fort Condor battles. The rest of the 97 is a complete hassle.

Once you reach Cosmo Canyon you are able to steal Vagyrisk Claws from Bagrisks, although very rare. I have successfully done so, with a average of 1 an hour. Apparently the rumor is that they cannot be stolen once you reach a certain level.

I grow tired of collecting them want to continue my game and come back later. Seems kinda weird that Square would program an item to be unstealable after a certain level. Can anyone confirm this?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It's not weirder than that somebody wants 99 of an item that is mostly useless. :p
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

ive never heard of it not being available after levelling up, ive also never heard of someone wanting 99 of them lol

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Well fortunately I was able to find the actual formula the game uses for stealing:

Lvl Diff = 40 + Attacker's Level - Target's Level
    StealMod = [512 * Lvl Diff / 100]
    New Chance = [ItemChance * StealMod / 256]

ItemChance is calculated from a table that is different for each mob.

So the higher i get in level the closer to 0 my chances will get of getting the claw, which actually hits 0% at level 78.

And yes it is a bit weird I'm trying for 99, but I'm aiming for a Perfect Game. Although I wouldn't say the Vagyrisk Claw is useless. It's probably one the the most useful of the usable spell items.

Looks like I'll be sitting here stealing for awhile being careful not to level. Thanks to Terence Fergusson for the neat guide.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You could always run away to avoid exp.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Yea, I've been doing that the whole time already because I had heard that at a certain level they couldn't be obtained. At least I'm able to work on getting my 2,222 escapes needed for ChocoBuckle to get Lucky 7s.

Although I think I run over my 2,222 escapes doing this, so some restarts are in order after long runs of no claws.

y don't u use the w-item trick? u already have some right so just duplicate them. unless ur trying to master the game without this glitch. if so then good luck to you

dp

Why do you imprison your saviour?