Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Meetup?

Default Canadian Meetup?

So i was just wondering, is there going to be a certain eoff meet up in Canada anywhere? If so may i have the details slash link? lol, thanks!
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

No one has really planned anything big here in Canada, but a bunch of us could try something if anyone wants to.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    No one has really planned anything big here in Canada, but a bunch of us could try something if anyone wants to.
    Well i think it'll be hell fun if something does occur. The only thing is the whole province thing..there's a lot....:\

i'm in B.C personally. but i'm saving up for a trip to toronto (w00t, anime north FTW)...so i guess i could save up for two trips in one?
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I wanted to plan an Antarctica meetup next.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I wanted to plan an Antarctica meetup next.
    do you really live in Antarctica?....lol, IGLOO PARTY! duuuuude, that would be shwweeeett!
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    Well i think it'll be hell fun if something does occur. The only thing is the whole province thing..there's a lot....:\

i'm in B.C personally. but i'm saving up for a trip to toronto (w00t, anime north FTW)...so i guess i could save up for two trips in one?
    Well, I live about 5-6 hours drive from Toronto. We should gather a bunch of Canadians to see where a good place would be, and yeah, because we're all scattered and such we'd need hotel rooms and such.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

maybe we should all come to Vancouver! go to stanley park and stuff! toronto, we could go during the anime north convention (also a cosplay convention) apparantly the hotels lower some prices around the convention center there. But we should get more people to come. LOL
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah, my friends were actually planning to go to that, or Wonderland. One of the two. For now, let's just see what others will say There should be lots of meet-ups, as much as one big one would be nice. We need a poll of some sort xD

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

lol ok i'll make one
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Guys I'll tell ya now that planning a meet up is a lot more work than it looks but at the same point it can be totally rewarding. Have fun and godspeed.

Ps. don't forget hotel rooms are cheaper if you share so as to split the cost most hotels will put 2 or 3 up in each room just some advice

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Guys I'll tell ya now that planning a meet up is a lot more work than it looks but at the same point it can be totally rewarding. Have fun and godspeed.

Ps. don't forget hotel rooms are cheaper if you share so as to split the cost most hotels will put 2 or 3 up in each room just some advice
    indeed, thanks for the heads up!

WOW So its not letting me post a poll, so for now, just post in your comment where you prefer the meetup to be, as in what province, and town. Also state what things you might want to do, attractions, movies, anything that may appeal to you. When it should be done?...i was thinking later on in the year to give people the chance to save up in case of immense traveling. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!
    Last edited by Agrias; 02-16-2007 at 02:41 AM.
    ~*Fizzgig*~

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I am about the same as Faris, I am about seven hours by bus from Toronto. (I live in Montreal)

If there is a Toronto meet-up, I would consider going. I would just need to have an advance notice and see if I can save up money for it.

This is all the information on the dates of the Anime North convention. If anyone cant make these dates, please make sure you tell me. If these dates are unattainable then we'll schedule it for another period of time.
    ~*Fizzgig*~

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I am done classes by then so I will be working (hopefully), so I am sure I can manage a weekend off.

Haha, East Coast > Rest of the country.

Yea, unless there is a meet-up on this side of the country, like Halifax or Moncton, it's a no-go for me.