Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leveling up spots

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Default Leveling up spots

I've beaten diamond weapon, but haven't gone to the northern crater yet. Does anyone know a good place to level up my limit breaks and materia? (Clouds at lvl 52 or so, everyone else is around 45.)

Many thanks!

the best way to level limit breaks imo is to use HP <----> MP and wander near rocket town, fury helps
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?”

thats true, it all depends on what your mp is, mines really low, so rocket town works better for me, so if your doing it for cloud use mideel but if for one of you lower level characters, i advise rocket town or icicle area
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?”

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

I just went on a GINORMOUS leveling up spree. And it's still not done! My materia is nearly to the point where I want it, my limit breaks are only level 2 (except for cloud's) by the end of the second disc (I didn't know how to use higher level limit breaks before) and my guys are at about level 50 (60 for cloud). Once my materia is where I want it, I'll keep going until Yuffie has all her level 2 limits, and Vincent has his Level 3 limit. It's going to be a long haul, but I think it'll be worth it.

Edit: For the sake of not making an unneccesary post, I'll say now that the "spree" is finally over!
    Last edited by darksword12; 02-18-2007 at 12:13 AM.

Sunken airplane

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If you looking to level up materia, go into the Northern Crater, and look for a room then you'll find pots. Feed them elixir's then kill them for easy materia experience.

for limit breaks, equip slash-all on the character you want to learn limits and enter mythril mine (the cave near fort condor) from the junon side. then go onto the first screen at the top (it is made up of a higher and lower level, with a ramp between them on the right). in here enemies will attack you in 4's and 5's.

let me explain the limit system to you. you learn level 2-1 limits and level 3-1 limits by killing a large amount of enemis with that character (they land the killing blow). it is usually around 80 or 90 kills (apart from cloud's which is like 190 or something daft) for each level. by using slash-all in this room wioth the required character will easily rack up the kills.

for the 2nd limit in a level u need to use the first limit in that level a fair few times (usually around 8 or 9). there is an enemy in this room called ark dragon. it's flame thrower attack (coupled with fury induced by a hyper) will add a fair bit to ur limit meter and it will only take 2 or 3 of these to fill it. repeatedly use this to get all ur limits.

notes
    - u can buy hypers from fort condor
    - if ur level 45, the flame thrower attack might not add that much limit, so u could go find a harder enemies. the oes round mideel should work fine.
    - if u don't have slash-all, matra magic or a magic materia coupled with all will work fine.

for levelling up, use mideel, the sunken gelnika (if ur strong enough), and northern cave (if u can be bothered to go in, although it is the best place for AP, mideel is 2nd).

if u want to make ur strength awesome. go to the ruined reactor at gongaga. here u can use morph in the triceratops like enemies to get power sources to boost ur strength really easily.

any more questions just post here.

dp

Why do you imprison your saviour?

The sunken airplane I got my characters from level 50-80 I a days worth of time.All materia mastered. there is also a few surprises for you.Like the hades materia and the 2x4cut materia I gave that to Cloud:banbleys

Dark hand to vayn judge magisters
    Last edited by judgemagistergabranth; 02-18-2007 at 09:30 PM.

As judgemagistergabranth said the Sunken Airplane is da best that is where I go and all my ppl are almost to 99

~Gamer 4 Life!!!! ^-^~

Well, the best place to go is actually the crater. Get your limits and lvls up there, then beat the last weapons. Sephiroth is patheticly easy. But if you wanna beat the whole game, you'll have to get you lvls to like 85-99. Or else it'll be all to complicated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Contrary to popular belief, the sunken plane is not better than Mideel.
    Sunken plane enemies are stronger than mideel enemies, but gain you about the same amount of exp and AP. This means leveling in mideel allows you to kill enemies faster, and requires you to heal up less in between fights. Much better exp in the long run.

However, the northern crater itself is definitely the best leveling spot, both for exp and AP. Especially if you like to exploit the W-Item glitch :).
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I totally agree. Then again, it takes an aweful lot of time. But in the end, it'll be worth it. Try on the weapons, you get 50k exp and 50k AP.

Even on disk one you can reach midell area with the tiny bronco. just soar the light blue area until you see the beaches. one of the areas has a green patch where you can fight the head hunters sometimes. I usally grab some bersek rings and tape the d pad down and level up. Sometimes you can come back with a Game over screen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    If you looking to level up materia, go into the Northern Crater, and look for a room then you'll find pots. Feed them elixir's then kill them for easy materia experience.
    Pots and the red bouncing balls as well. =P

And good places to level up would just be the area where you can actually defeat monsters without fear of getting killed yourself. Just sit there holding the x button to fight and run around and hold x again. Its cake.