Thread: Unexpected heroes.

Default Unexpected heroes.

Wow I never thought that the archer and scholar would be this useful. I'm past that magimaster-type boss and both seem to be kicking ass. They're even dealing more damage than my knight (eq. king sword). Battles have been much easier ever since I added them to my party. It goes to show that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

BTW I'm playing the NES version (haven't played it in years).

Oh I see that you're playing the NES version. In the DS version They seem underpowered.

It seems the NDS is very different from the NES. All of the class's are weaker. Im not sure if that is a good or bad thing, considering I have only played the NDS version, and it has become my favorite game.

But how close is the storyline between the two different versions? Are they very close, the exact same but with more detail on one of them? Please explain. Thanks.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Basically the same, but the main characters have actual character designs and backstories.

The majority of the classes are actually weaker in the NES version. In the NDS version, the classes have been rebalanced, and many classes are now much more powerful (with a few downpowered a bit).

Anyway, I've found the Archer to be incredibly useful in both versions of the game. He's great for the water cave and even later on with his arrows. However, I never used the Scholar after the Hein battle.

I have never played the original. But im sure its fine if I play the remake. Like you said, the remake is really the better one, and they both share about the same story. But, where can I buy the original, do you think ebay?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You could, but it would be in Japanese and you would need a Famicom to play it.

The only way to play it in English otherwise is to find a third party rom of the game and play it using a NES emulator on your computer.

I could see the archers being useful, but the Scholar? Hein rates as one of the most annoying battles in the game simply because you're pretty much forced to use one of those PoS characters. If it wasn't for the fact that it would make the next few dungeons after it too easy, I would just level up so I could beat his ass with physical attacks and not have to use one.

Crap that sucks, I suppose I will just play on NDS.