Thread: Hi! I'm new. Here's some work - FFX, FFXII-ish

Grin Hi! I'm new. Here's some work - FFX, FFXII-ish (up 2/21)

Hello, everyone. I've been thinking of joining a FF-based forum for a while now, and here's where I've ended up. I'm working on some new pieces right now for my new site, but I wanted to toss some work at you in the mean time.

I look forward to seeing everyone's art!
    Last edited by LauraD; 02-21-2007 at 06:07 AM. Reason: title

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

This is really interesting stuff.

Pic #1: The first one's use of colour is great, & i love the whole composition in general. The perspective is impressive too.

Pic #2: Some much needed fanart for the FF12 gallery. Good work, keep it up.

Nice to see a new alternate style contributing to the artist's forum.

EDIT: I can only see the last two pic's.
    Last edited by Rocket Edge; 02-17-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Str8 Pimpin'

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Aww those are nice. Who's the kid with young Auron ?
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Love the colouring. Watercolours right? Great work, and like Traffic pointed out, some much needed fanart for the XII gallery

Slade: Nope! Auron and Balthier pieces, they're both digital. Gabranth I did with prisma marker. With painter and other technology these days, its hard to tell what media is used. I'm primarily a digital artist - I don't like getting messy with real media :P

Traffic: Thanks! I'm a really varied artist and produce a ton of different styles.

Renmiri: Thanks! Its baby Rikku.

Nanerpuss n-n-nanerpuss Reeno the Alchemist's Avatar

wowzers 0.0 the auron one would be really nice but the baby Rikku desturbs me greatly =.= i really like the judge one the coloring is amazing and i love balthier so ill automatically like that picture!man you need to teach me how to color 0.0 cause yours looks so cool!
    Who needs a signature I DON'T >(

I have Dissidia, be jealous!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I think you need to work more on human anatomy, the colors are nice..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

those are really good. the 2nd ones head seems a bit stange (i havent played FFXII as it isnt out in England yet) it just seems out of place, and not with face-like proportions (i.e. the chin sticks out a bit and the eyes seem a little stretched from above the nose) other than that, they are good i look forward to seeing future work
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Thanks!

My most hated part of human anatomy is the hand. I am not a fan of drawing hands. What displeases you about the anatomy?

On the second piece, judge gabranth is wearing a mask - but it also could be my messy style. I am not a photo realistic artist by any means. I think I'm too a.d.d. for that.

I'm the kind of artist who cares more about the meaning or feel of the piece than perfection. Though I do envy artists like Hoon and Jiji who are just freakin amaaazing, if the forearm is a little too long, I don't let it bother me. After years of taking life drawing, and even after I recieved my degree, I've discovered I'm not a perfectionist, but a lover of pose and form.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by LauraD View Post
    My most hated part of human anatomy is the hand. I am not a fan of drawing hands. What displeases you about the anatomy?
    >>> Some parts are out of proportion, like Auron`s hand (too big), or the FF12 guy`s head, its shape is a bit weird..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name
    those are really good. the 2nd ones head seems a bit stange (i havent played FFXII as it isnt out in England yet) it just seems out of place, and not with face-like proportions (i.e. the chin sticks out a bit and the eyes seem a little stretched from above the nose) other than that, they are good i look forward to seeing future work
    Thats called a helmet. Gabranth is your best piece. And the baby Rikku reminds me of some conversations that make me want to hurl. While the pieces seem lumpish, its consistent so perhaps a personal trademark?
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruise Control View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name
    Thats called a helmet. Gabranth is your best piece. And the baby Rikku reminds me of some conversations that make me want to hurl. While the pieces seem lumpish, its consistent so perhaps a personal trademark?
    :rolleyes2 i know its a helmet, i think it just looks a bit strange thats all
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Oh yes, I get that. Gabranth's helm was a real quick sketch, and its not proportional by anymeans. I was too busy playing with the color and lightsource

Weirdly enough (I'll have to grab the reference image) On auron's hand, that is the direct proportion of this mexican guy who was holding a baby boy! I thought it was a bit large too, but I liked how he seemed to securely hold the child, so I went with it.

You can tell in my work if I'm looking at reference or not - the FFXII ones I didn't use a reference, where with the anatomy of the Auron, image, I did. I'll upload some more work later on tonight Thanks for looking!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't normally gush like this, but the first picture is so cute. My only complaint is that baby Rikku seems a bit too fat in the belly.

The second is probably the best piece of these three. I like the detail work in the armor.

The third is a bit too soft for my taste, but that's just personal preference. I like the way you use facial expressions. Guy #2 even seems to have an expression, though he's wearing a helmet.

Also, Welcome to the forums!

Signature by rubah. I think.