Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sequels

Default Sequels

Is there a sequel to an original movie that you dislike? There's actually quite a few sequels that I despise. Here's the list of mediocre sequels that I wish were never made, in no particular order:

1. Batman & Robin

2. Son of the Mask

3. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

4. Big Momma's House 2

5. Batman Forever

6. Spider-Man 2

7. On Her Majesty's Secret Service

8. The Legend of Zorro

9. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

10. Men In Black II

Spiderman 2 was great.

The Matrix sequels, however, ruined the first movie.

I didn't enjoy watching Spider-Man 2 because I don't like Dr. Octopus it's just my opinion.

Spiderman 2...

Dont test dat: Peter Parker!!!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    I didn't enjoy watching Spider-Man 2 because I don't like Dr. Octopus it's just my opinion.

:O You make me cry. Ol' Doc Oc kicks ass, one of my favourate movie villians.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

yeah, but he DID suck on the movie
    yeah, the matrix sequals were shocking but then again, arent sequals usually bad? Scream 3 sucked (well, scream 2 did as well)
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

There's one quote from Spider-Man 2 that I don't like or understand. Mary Jane said it when she found out that Peter was Spider-Man.

"I guess I always knew..." That quote really bugs me because if Mary Jane knew that Peter was Spider-Man why did she complain about him missing her play?

Catching a purse snatcher is more important than seeing some stupid play. I also prefer the ending to the original Spider-Man because Peter was conflicted I love that!

And I prefer the soundtrack in the first Spider-Man too because my favorite track on that CD is "Hero" and the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack doesn't have a good song like that.

(I'm sorry if there's more to the quote I blocked out everything Mary Jane said after that stupid comment.)

2 words

shanghai knights

Back to topic...

1. All the matrix sequels...

2. Any disney sequels... The originals just rock

3. On her Majesty's secret service

4. I think any movie with "the movie title then" 2 I think sucks

oph and conan the destroyer...though it was better fantasy, a far lamer movie than the barbarian

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Men in Black II - the first was hilarious, the sequel was just lazy and completely undid the moving aspect of the end of the first film.

But let's not be just negative, can people also think of sequels (or even third films) that they really like, or which surpass the original even? Leavng aside LOTR, which is essentially one film divided into three in my opinion, my suggestions are:

Back to the Future Parts II and III (also filmd back to back like the Matrix sequels, but with far more successful results)
    Toy Story 2 (along with Godfather Part II, one of only two sequels that is better than the original in my opinion)
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

shi yeah godfather 2

WAY better

also, LOTR the book was originally to be one book, so no surprise the movies are the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    qft

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are a lot of reasons I could hate the latter two Matrices but as I feel they are integral to bringing closure to the story I can't completely write them off. The Wacowskis just went a little stupid in the direction of them.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    But let's not be just negative, can people also think of sequels (or even third films) that they really like, or which surpass the original even?

Okay...I really like Batman Returns and I don't care if the focus of the story is on the villians instead of the title character! I might like Spider-Man 3 and The Dark Knight depending on Topher Grace and Heath Ledger's performances respectively.