Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Did You Actually CRY at the Ending?

Default Did You Actually CRY at the Ending?

First of all, since I'm talking about the ending, expect spoilers. So if you still haven't played or finished FFX (even if I assume most of you already have), I strongly suggest that you keep away from this thread. Click the Back button as fast as possible.

When I first finished the game, I did cry. And I assure I'm not making this up. I've read and heard many people saying that they cried but it's pretty obvious most of them are just making it up.

I started to get teary-eyed when the Aeons were finally disapearing. I just held them back since my dad and sister were watching with me.

When Tidus' hands glowed blue, that's when my tears pushed harder. I tried hard to hold them back. Tidus embracing Yuna was such a mellow moment. I held back the tears until the end of the credits. Afterwards, I locked myself in my room and cried away.

So I'm curious. How many of you actually cried at the ending?
    Last edited by Yliette; 03-18-2007 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Fixed typos.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

only a little
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?”

Not at all. I actually thought the ending was pretty funny. Well, I did get a little teary eyed with the FF8 ending during the Laguna part. I thought it was laugh out loud funny when good 'ol Yunie tripped and fell. You can read a recap of the ending too if you want. Here's the site. It's pretty funny the way it's described. The recap for the entire ending starts on page 4 and ends on page 6. There's some bad language on here and if you don't really like bad language, skip it, but you'll be missing out! This site has changed the way I look at video games.http://videogamerecaps.com/recaps/re...ecap=99&page=4
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

Oddly, the first time I finished the game I didn't even get teary-eyed (I think I just got a lump in my throat), but the second time I got teary-eyed and would've let myself cry if my brother hadn't been watching the ending too. Yuna falling did make me chuckle though

No, way! it's only a game.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

The game was very emotional for me...
    The only part where i cried, was when Tidus and Yuna had their love scene ( how romantic...).

At the ending, i was a bit sad to see Tidus go though.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

i didn't cry, i just thought "damn" and felt a little empty

Why do you imprison your saviour?

I didn't cry but felt incrediblly sad. One of my friends always cries at it, even when watching it on YouTube again. xD

Moero! Moero!!

The Ending Theme in piano (found on the Final Fantasy X Piano Collection album) was very touchy. I always felt heavy inside every time I listened to that track.

Years ago, I've read that this certain fan cried extremely hard when Auron was finally sent.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

The emotional ties that was built between Yuna and Tidus from the beggining of the game until the end when Tidus and Auron were sent was what really pushed me.

For me I think it was the musical score that really nailed it. When I watched the ending without the music, I didn't feel too bad. When I just listen to the theme, "Setuki da ne", I get teary eyed fast.

Watching the ending with the musical score is really eye watering.

During gameplay we hear that theme over and over again and somehow we are conditioned to the fact that this theme song is played only during happier times. It's only during the end that the song is played in it's full glory, but to a sad ending.

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    seconded!!!!

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sain Cai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    seconded!!!!
    You guys are pretty wierd if you think that's a valiid reason.

And I did. (Cry that is)

Quote Originally Posted by dv!l'$ ph0n!x View Post
    i didn't cry, i just thought "damn" and felt a little empty
    that makes 2 of us

Well, as horrible and embarrassing as it is to admit, I did cry. But thats just me. I've always been a sucker for doomed romance.
    Though if I really did know you lovely people in person I would never say this. But anyway, as sad as it is, I cried like a blubbering baby.

But!!!! I can proudly say, my tears stopped as soon as I saw the end of the credits, when I saw Tidus wake up in the water with a smile on his face. Then I quite happily did my "happy dance" and started playing FFX-2
    Life is full of beauty, throughout forgotten fairytales. A tender petal, soft whispers of the night. Follow the trail, lingering shadows… let the darkness come to flight

~The people and the friends we have lost... Or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them~

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes. This game had the most emotional ending.