Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vana'diel Complete

I would so enjoy exploring that kind of world. Its fun trying to see all the places FFXI has to offer already.

But I am disappointed however that mnk was not mentioned in any one of those tiers there Yearg

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's because mnk sucks.

EDIT: lol mnk

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post

I really like this forum cause it has good information but that right there is a really good reason for me not to like YOU and this forum.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, I do like tacos.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post

Srsly.

I edited MNK in... It's like RNG on the low end of the tier 2.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I can't wait to see the elusive male mithra!
    jkhkjg

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I doubt we ever will... But as I said, I would buy another expansion even if male mithras were the only thing they added.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Haha, they'd look like thundercats
    jkhkjg

For the memory limitations they should ohase out of PS2 support and towards PS3 and Wii support. (Why isnt FFXI on a Nintendo console anyway?)
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

BRDs are kinda 1st tiered. I was a Bard, but I would receieve mad hate just randomly when I wasn't even looking for parties if I ever subbed my BRD with something other than WHM.. I soloed a lot with two BST, and I found no use to sub it with WHM unless in a larger party that has a camp set up with a pull system in place... I usually leveled unconventionally with parties that roamed around a lot(low levels Tahrongi Canyons(perfect place)). Or with a small group of 3 to 4 players.......

Or if I'm doing Ballista, but of coourse it didn't stop the random lvl 75 Bard from harassing me....

Its one of ht emany reasons why I quit, but the main reason why I quit was because at the time in 2005 my family ran into some financial trouble, and this was a video game thus its the first thing I had to cut because it was cositng me 12.99 USD a month.

Anyway I got up to lvl 56 and I just stopped playing...

This game is famous for grinding, but it has a lot of creativity, and the players draw you into the world. By talking aobut how other parts of Vana'diel are holding up. Which nation is number one.

Wow really doesn't compete because you get this "I pwnzor you noob" atitude, and there is almost no ingame politics involved.

The only thing keeping me from FF11 now is college life, and well I travel a lot more internationally now so I almost have no time to play an online game...

I might get into Eve Online....

Anyway what is the latest expansion pack like? Does anyone have in-game screenshots?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSpamGrover View Post
    For the memory limitations they should ohase out of PS2 support and towards PS3 and Wii support. (Why isnt FFXI on a Nintendo console anyway?)
    This is a joke, right?

Do you know how much space FFXI needs? Do you know how much space the Wii has?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSpamGrover View Post
    This is a joke, right?

Do you know how much space FFXI needs? Do you know how much space the Wii has?
    it'll be easy if there was a centralised database in which you just buy the space form a seperate server to play this game with your own character. IT is too expensive for nintendo to do thus it won't happen....

Anyways, about the PLD dropping off near the 70's, I havent run into this problem yet. My PLD is 73 and occassionaly even when I dont have my lfg up I get /tells asking me to be a tank. Hopefully once I get to 75 ill have my nin to 37 and ill be able to get into some merit parties as PLD/NIN. Im in the process of getting my DD gear.

People put PLDs down by saying lolddpld but the difference is that PLDs to DoT, not damage at once. With decent DD gear a PLD can be a good DD. True theres other jobs that ARE better DDs with little effort but if someone likes PLD and DD and mixing the 2 works decently, then there shouldnt be any hate from people about it.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

75PLD/NIN is not as great as you make it out to be. You fall short on so much damage that could easily be made up by getting a proper DD in (and there's always pleanty of them seeking). I've tried out /NIN in merits with heaps of great DD gear, a few times and it was just a waste of time (the only reason I got into the parties was because my friends were the leaders). I suggest going PLD/WAR as I've had more success that way in merits, because a lot of people still want tanks.

If you want to get extremely serious about meriting, you should level up a job that is suited to any burn parites that are popular. That way you could easily reach up to amazing exp/hour.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."