tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by nozkits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSpamGrover View Post
    For the memory limitations they should ohase out of PS2 support and towards PS3 and Wii support. (Why isnt FFXI on a Nintendo console anyway?)
    This is a joke, right?

Do you know how much space FFXI needs? Do you know how much space the Wii has?
    it'll be easy if there was a centralised database in which you just buy the space form a seperate server to play this game with your own character. IT is too expensive for nintendo to do thus it won't happen....
    No, it wouldn't be easy if there was a centralised database. It would require way too much bandwidth, it would be too slow, and it would make your game lag every time it needed to load new stuff from the database, which would be each time some guy ran past in some piece of armour that you didn't have in RAM at the time.

The game is huge, and it reads from the hard disk a lot. Even with a 20 Mbit connection, it would be like walking though 10 feet of mud each time you loaded a new zone. And this is assuming the server where it was stored could actually send data at 20 Mbits to each of the users.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

For the memory limitations they should ohase out of PS2 support and towards PS3 and Wii support. (Why isnt FFXI on a Nintendo console anyway?)
    This is a joke, right?

it'll be easy if there was a centralised database in which you just buy the space form a seperate server to play this game with your own character. IT is too expensive for nintendo to do thus it won't happen....
    No, it wouldn't be easy if there was a centralised database. It would require way too much bandwidth, it would be too slow, and it would make your game lag every time it needed to load new stuff from the database, which would be each time some guy ran past in some piece of armour that you didn't have in RAM at the time.

The game is huge, and it reads from the hard disk a lot. Even with a 20 Mbit connection, it would be like walking though 10 feet of mud each time you loaded a new zone. And this is assuming the server where it was stored could actually send data at 20 Mbits to each of the users.
    It'll actually be easy for a huge successful corporation such as Nintendo... It'll just be too expensive...

Microsoft did it with xbox live........

Please don't be so agressive no one here is arguing with you.. I was just throwing ideas out there.

Wait a second here. PS2 was able to run FFXI with an added HDD - if Nintendo released the same on it's Wii console wouldnt it be able to play FFXI? Or am I talking way off the ball here?
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

Wait a second here. PS2 was able to run FFXI with an added HDD - if Nintendo released the same on it's Wii console wouldnt it be able to play FFXI? Or am I talking way off the ball here?
    its possible..

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

This is a joke, right?

It'll actually be easy for a huge successful corporation such as Nintendo... It'll just be too expensive...

Please don't be so agressive no one here is arguing with you.. I was just throwing ideas out there.
    I'm not agressive, I just state facts.

I would like you to give me the titles of all the 6 GB streamable online games available at Xbox Live.

Also, economy is part of the easy/hard calculation. Example:
    "It's easy for me to get a Lamborghini Diablo, it's just too expensive."
    This is faulty, because the lack of money automatically makes it hard for me to get one.

This is possible to do, indeed, but is it economical? How many Wii owners do you think would buy this for the sole purpose of playing FFXI? Enough to cover the development costs for porting and releasing the game for the Wii? I think not.
    Last edited by Mirage; 03-13-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Please god, do not throw another variable at SE. They have enough trouble keeping FFXI running on the platforms it is now. Throw another one into the batch and the game will collapse.

This is a joke, right?

I'm not agressive, I just state facts.

I would like you to give me the titles of all the 6 GB streamable online games available at Xbox Live.

Also, economy is part of the easy/hard calculation. Example:
    "It's easy for me to get a Lamborghini Diablo, it's just too expensive."
    This is faulty, because the lack of money automatically makes it hard for me to get one.

This is possible to do, indeed, but is it economical? How many Wii owners do you think would buy this for the sole purpose of playing FFXI? Enough to cover the development costs for porting and releasing the game for the Wii? I think not.
    Actually you're pretty provocative, or atleast you come out that way.. That's the tone I get from reading your text.. You're trying to start an argument... Or alteast itching for one.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I'll agree that I'm blunt. If you want me to, I can throw in random smileys to make my posts more light hearted :]. What I'm doing is just telling you why the ideas you presented aren't very good :p. By the way, I'm still curious as to which 6 GB games you can stream off the Xbox Live service :).

I'll agree that I'm blunt. If you want me to, I can throw in random smileys to make my posts more light hearted :]. What I'm doing is just telling you why the ideas you presented aren't very good . By the way, I'm still curious as to which 6 GB games you can stream off the Xbox Live service .
    None that im aware of. Some of the games are pretty awesome and have some nice graphics but def not 6GB lol.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Also note that these are probably downloadable games, meaning they are stored on the hard drive of the Xbox/x360, meaning the data would only have to be downloaded once, then it would be loaded from the rather fast hard drive of the console itself. With the Wii having only 512 MB, new data would have to be downloaded constantly, every minute you were playing.

I counted 7.24GB's. You know newer games such as Vanguard are 26GB. O.O;

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This game should have just been all PC in the first place.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

Vana'diel Complete may just be able to form now. No more worrying about not having enough players your own level to party with.