Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excited!!!

Default Excited!!!

God...I've been waiting for months, and just in 1 days time, it'll be here in UK.
    I was just so excited at this moment, that i wanted to hear all you're views, on who's you're best character and what i should be looking forward to- or not.

So tell me now, before i make my final decision to get it!!!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Blog Entries

If you know more it's not gonna be as exciting though.

its a good game. theres a lot of people who dont like the game but dont listen to them listen to me Its got a good story and the battles are fun. also because of the level skips in areas youll be wandering around killing every monster in 1 hit then venture into a new place and be running for your life. theres a lot of sidequests and if you want to get the zodiac spear (strongest weapon) look it up before you mess it up because it can be messed up very very early in the game. the ending is great too. probably my 3rd favorite FF and in my sig you can see ive beaten a good amount of FF's.

balthier rules
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a good game and I pretty much agree completely with Lynx on this one. Just have an open mind and for the love of god explore! Ivalice is just amazing, but you'll be finding that out pretty soon

Balthier is awsome but don't forget about Lady Ashe and Basch!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Basch is a cutie pie!

Just hang in there after the first 5-6 hours the game seems a tad slow but it picks up after that and you will enjoy the gameplay a lot (I won't comment on the story though )
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Hmmm...Zodiac weapon, huh....I bet i won't be able to find it without looking on the net, or asking you guys.
    lol!!!

My favorite of the main 6 character is Balthier.

Graphics: Perfect! Field maps, character resolution, battle graphics, menu graphics, cg movies, it's all complete
    Sound: This is great, although I prefer Nobuo Uematsu over Hitoshi Sakimoto. Also Hitoshi's older work I prefer more.
    Controls: The controls are great except the camera controls(Right analog stick) is with a reversed camera controls direction which you can't change. It'll take hours to get used to it but later it will be fine, until you play a different game. They should have put in an option to change this, and also doubled the amount of configuration options available.
    Battle System: It's great and smooth and fast/fun but you may be less involved now and just watch while the characters do stuff, it's a personal preference.
    Story: It's good enough but I want more, it's the least strong part of the game along with Characters.
    Characters: It's good enough but I want more, it's the least strong part of the game along with Story.
    Sidequests: Most sidequests of any rpg ever made? Sidequests add atleast 100 hours to the 50 hour standard gameplay! You can get closer to 200 hours if you go to level 99 and beat Omega Mark XII.

This is a great game which you must have on the day that it comes out!! The only signifigant things to worry about are the camera controls, story, and characters. It's a great game, I rank it 6 out of 7 stars so far(Extremely high quality), for me as good as FF VIII. 2006 might have been the best year in rpg's ever!

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Suikoden V
    Kingdom Hearts II
    Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
    Xenosaga III
    Okami(This may be an adventure game)
    Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
    Tales of the Abyss
    Final Fantasy XII
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess(This may be an adventure game)

Those are the main 2006 console rpg's with signifigant amount of popularity.
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/release.cgi

When you start Final Fantasy XII, expect to devote a few months to playing this game. You may want to play another game at the same time so you can do something else. But maybe you can start another game after you finished almost all of FF XII's story, this is when you start the main sidequests. Make sure you get the limited edition version of the game from EB Games or Gamestop(not sure if you can play it though?) and get the limited edition strategy guide with the art book. This is great!

I'm looking forward to your posts tomorrow about this. I want to here what your thoughts are! This goes for all Europeans playing Final Fantasy XII for the first time!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Look on an FAQ before you play, there' a chest right at the beginning that can not be opened if you want to get that darn lance.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Thank you for you're very detailed opinion on Final Fantasy 12, Dragonsoul and others.
    I now look forward to gettin da game on February 23rd.

I'm trying to string a few deals so i get it cheap...!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow to come eh Hazzard? It's coming out tomorrow in NZ as well, I've got mine pre-ordered.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

I NEED IT NOW EVEN THOUGH I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Yeah...I think i should of pre-ordered as well- enjolras

I recommend you find some 24 hour store where you can get it at midnite. Although these types of stores are rare. Look around for a store that is opening up at 6am. Go get it immediately! I'm excited for you!

Move to Japan or Usa/Canada please to get it earlier hehe!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Alright, think I'm getting it today- cause i got it on pre-order.
    The excitement is going through the walls!!!

(I don't know why i said that, and i don't know what it means...)

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

I officially have the copy. One is very pleased n_n

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!