Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: This game is awful

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    If you don't like it don't play it, what are you trying to achieve? Just go play some other game and stop whining... GOD
    You are sooo right

This game is NOT awfull for many reasons.
    1. AWESOME Gameplay
    2. Beautiful and huge places worth exploring
    3. Tough optional boses who make the game worth playing(some fights last more than 4 hours)
    4. The difficulty is medium(at least not it is not as easy as FFX2 and KH2)
    5. Fran and her voice
    6. The ending song is brilliant
    7. The ending is brilliant
    8. Not all characters suck(Larsa for example)

I know that it has some not cool things in it but it definately can NOT be defined as awful.
    END

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

FFXII is very UNEVEN in my view: wonderful gameplay and weak story. Wonderful graphics and bland music. Fun, detailed sidequests and short, way too easy mandatory parts.

To find the good stuff in XII it definitely requires exploring, time and patience with the bland music, bland plot and bland characters. It is well worth it though, it is a fun game once you get past the hype and dissapointment with it
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Most people say that the music in the game is plain, and not very good-but i think that it matches the time period quite well, and is effective. Maybe it could of been a bit more authentic, but overall it was alright-but not quite the best.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

I've not been playing long but I've noticed a certain lack of "uhmph" about the music. It fits the mood; however, it hasn't particularly got me humming the theme when i'm in a dungeon/town and therefore takes away the nostalgic qualities that I found in other games.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

The Boss Battle music is smurfing amazing.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni View Post
    The Boss Battle music is smurfing amazing.
    What he said!

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

OH - someone who finally agrees with me ;D

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Concept is quite repetitive. Search for something, get captured, escape. Search for something, get captured, escape. I can never say for sure since I'm not yet that far into the game.

I have my Gambits disabled (having your party members stop to cast spells is so IRRITATING!!) except for Foe > Any = Attack. I'd rather manually cast spells and use items.

And yes, the music is monotonous to the core. Only trach I enjoyed is the Giza Plains.

In a nutshell, FFXII is great for an RPG but doesn't surpass expactations of a typical FF fan.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

They say that the first Final Fantasy game you ever play is the game that will be your favourite forever it will be the game you will love and never forget. To me and most of people I think this is true, my first Final Fantasy game where Final Fantasy 8 and almost directly I started to love it. After that I bought FF-X2 and realized that even that were a game that I started to like very much.

But FF-X2 could neve take the same place as my beloved FF8 and now have I started to play FF12 That to me is a fabolus game it is close to be as fabolous FF8 to me but not enough to reach the hights.
    I think that you shouldnīt judge every Final Fantasy game after the game that were your first FF game ever because probably you will find faults everywere since it isnīt the same game as your first beloved FF game.

FF12 is as all of the FF games a true RPG game. It has everything a RPG player can dream of, sure it has itīs own faults but if you look closly on every other game you soon will notice that every game ever made will have its flaws.
    When discussing games like FF games everyone has to think after before judging, what may be a flaw in a game to me can be a wonderful thing for someone else. We are all diffrent persons with diffrent personalitys we all have diffrent likes and dislikes and I think that they should be respected.

So starting a thread in a FF12 forum about how awful the game is are in my eyes a sign of disrespect to the people actually enjoying the game. The same thing could happen in your fav FF game forum and then you would become upset thinking that everyone saying anything bad about your fav game was wrong.

My opinion about FF12 is that it has a wonderful battle system that the other FF games lack of, the chance to actually see where the foe are and get a bigger chance to avoid the enemy if wished for is to me something wonderful I hate being forced into a battle everytime I take a step forward.

The characthers in FF12 is so alive and I just canīt stop loving them Balthier and Fran is the best characthers ever in my eyes together with some of the characthers from FF8.
    Another thing I love is the fact that the citys actually looks like cities, that have populations it is more than 5 people living in each place.

FF12 is a fantastic game experience. There is so much more I could write but for the moment I donīt have any energy left to write.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Anyone else notice that in the K woods, they're playing music from FFX-2? >_>;;;;; <3

I found FFXII addictive because of the simple fact it plays too much like FFXI and you don;t have to deal with retards. XD I'm a NM addict and I have 200 hours clocked in FFXII just hunting stuff lol, I just left archades for the first time, I think I'm like 70% into the game. The political intrigue in this game has me hooked. I really like the story line. I'm usually a big fan of romance in FF but in this one, I'm glad there wasn't any obvious one =) It would of messed up the story and the reasons as to why they were there >_> just my 2 cents though.

DK: Vaan's not the main character, he's just one of them. You get to see everyone's story evantually. Gotta start somewhere.
    Last edited by eternalshiva; 02-26-2007 at 01:05 PM.
    Too big.

Banned

I always thought FFX suffered from the typical "hip syndrome".
    It felt like that part had come to the point when it was focusing on impressing small children with a great interest for "cool" and "hip" stuff.

It was a nice game and all, but I kinda missed the serious atmosphere that was so apparent in FF4 and FF6.

FF7 also suffered from the "hip syndrome", by the way.

Having read this full thread (excluding spoilers since I ain't completed 12 yet) I just want to point out how pointless the argument is. No one has yet pointed out an objective reason why the game is good or bad, only "I don't like this music" and "FF(whatever) is better".
    To me this seems like some pointless fan boy bashing "I hate it because it's new and I hate FFX or VII because it's popular".
    Grow up.
    ALL the Final Fantasy games are popular, you are not trendsetters by disliking the new ones. I have played all the games too but it doesn't make me dislike 12. The very fact that this game is different has (so far) meant I've really enjoyed it.
    Also, you can't attack Square for trying to appeal to a wider audience, they are a company and want to make money, sorry if your too younger to understand this. If they make something a little different that may break into a slightly younger or casual gamer market and that's good because the company survives and we get more games from them.
    I am sure this game is going to have flaws, all RPGs do, when I find one more serious than the silly practicality of licence boards (which I still like) I'll re-think my stance on the game but I know i'm never going to think it's terrible. For myself FFIX was the worst one but I still enjoyed playing it and I still think it had good points. If it's such a bad game why didn't you hear/read/see that to start with and not bother buying it or stop playing it after an hour?
    I also think it's brave to take story arcs a different direction as they have in FFXII, all main characters with a different starting, but similar agenda as opposed to the main character recruiting or being recruited.
    Last edited by GF_Diablos; 02-26-2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

Dont worry shadow, i completely agree with you. I stumbled upon this website this morning, and i had to register just to say that i did not like FFXII.

-No story
    -No main charactor
    -Vaan/Penello are annoying

I will give it props because of the battle system, and lisence grid. These two things, if used properly, could have made an excellent game! i just hope the same thing doesnt happen with FFXIII...
    FF games owned- I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XII

FF games finished- I II IV V VI VII VIII IX X

Favorites (in order)-VII V X I IV VI II IX III VIII XII

Quote Originally Posted by dups1822 View Post
    Dont worry shadow, i completely agree with you. I stumbled upon this website this morning, and i had to register just to say that i did not like FFXII.

-No story
    -No main charactor

I will give it props because of the battle system, and lisence grid. These two things, if used properly, could have made an excellent game! i just hope the same thing doesnt happen with FFXIII...
    I think it is unrespect full to just register on this site to tell all the fans here that you didnīt like the game. If you dislike it so much then just stay away from this part off the eoff forum since you donīt belong here. Sure everyone has to have a chance to tell their opinion but I donīt think that anyone really cares what you think about the game honestly. People come here to get help, and to disscus, good and bad things in the game or talk about funny things. So donīt ruin it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_from_hell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dups1822 View Post

-No story
    -No main charactor

I think it is unrespect full to just register on this site to tell all the fans here that you didnīt like the game. If you dislike it so much then just stay away from this part off the eoff forum since you donīt belong here. Sure everyone has to have a chance to tell their opinion but I donīt think that anyone really cares what you think about the game honestly. People come here to get help, and to disscus, good and bad things in the game or talk about funny things. So donīt ruin it.
    I agree with Angel

Drups
    you cant say it has NO story and NO characters cause it has...I guess it's your opinion but to me you are just ruining people's hard work.