23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Metallica

13 56.52%
  • Megadeth

10 43.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metallica or Megadeth?

Default Metallica or Megadeth?

I am a fan of both Metallica and Megadeth.(im just getting into megadeth so i have their greatest hits which it hink is awesome) But when you search for their videos on youtube and look at the comments, megadeth fans and metallica fans HATE each other. It seems as though people literally look up metallica and just comment about how much they suck and vice versa.

I vote Metallica. I just think they are better in every aspect. they just need to not make music anymore. St. Anger was the worst album like, ever. I think Megadeth is still really good, but they suffer in lyrics and vocals a lot. Dave Mustaine is really bad at singing. But Megadeth plays a lot faster which i like and they have better solos.

But Mustaine is a really big asshole. He's the only one thats still complaining about getting kicked out of Metallica. Get over it and quit bashing metallica in the press. hes the only one that still does it.
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

I have one album by both bands, Master Of Puppets by Metallica and Countdown To Extinction by Megadeth. Neither of them blew me out of the water, they both felt kind of meh. I prefer other metal bands. Regardless of that, I preferred Megadeth. I like the guitars more, Metallica isn't exactly very inventive in that department in my opinion. I just enjoyed Megadeth more. There are other, better thrash metal bands out there though.
    Last edited by Ryth; 02-22-2007 at 04:40 AM.

Both bands are overrated, both bands are not worth your time (well Megadeth has one album that is), but Megadeth wins due to Rust In Piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

My vote goes to Metallica (I'm ignoring everything after the black album though) And Justice For All and Ride The Lightning are classic metal albums. I've seen both bands, i saw Metallica in '93 and Megadeth in '93 and '06 and Megadeth were pretty ropey both times. Having said that i agree with Ryth, there are much better thrash bands than both.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

From sheer nostalgia of listening to Master of Puppets and And Justice for All, I choose Metallica.

mettlicka
    only cause i haven't been exposed to megadeth much

I vote Megadeth. Yeah, Mustaine definitely can't sing (try listening to "Promises" and get ready to cringe...) but he's a god when it comes to the guitar. His whining about getting kicked out of Metallica does make me want to smash his guitar over his head though...

QWEL i say meyalllica coz MEGATDETH i ahve never heard of them =}
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Metallica, without a shadow of a doubt.

Megadeth are good, and I listen to them too. However, they lack so much when compared to Metallica. The biggest part probably being in the vocals.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Personally, I prefer Megadeth myself, though I do like both bands. And I'm a bit weird in that I actually quite liked St. Anger, though it did take some time to grow on me. And I really like Mustaine's singing in Promises XD

My personal picks are She-Wolf, The Creed and Use the Man by Megadeth, and Orion, The Memory Remains and The Unnamed Feeling by Metallica.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

both, but i will say metallica because i have heard more of their songs
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

I like Megadeth MUCH better.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

apocalyptica

metallica! woot!
    ~*Fizzgig*~

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Metallica. Only because i like a couple of Metallica's song's and have never heard any of Megadeath's.

Str8 Pimpin'