Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UK Release Day Today

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWaltz View Post
    Yeah sorry i didnt mean that. I have left the rest of the party on default, i have not turned their gambits off. So yes they do attack auto after i attack. I just have not customised the gambits as i dont really competly understand it yet. As for the licence board, does it matter which character assign different licences to? aka frann as a white mage? (frann ftw, shes hot, must be a playboy bunny thing :tongue: )
    You can make anyone anything, really, but some characters are more suited for certain roles than others. You can just check their stats, and see who has the best magic power. That character would be a naturally apt mage.

Also, get the augment licenses first, they'll benefit you more at the beginning of the game than the equipments and skills will do.

Gambits aren't too hard.
    The game checks them from the top and down. You first select a "condition", a condition is something that can happen in a fight, such as the HP of an ally dropping below 50%. Then you select an action to perform when this condition is met, and who to perform that action on.

Remember that the game prioritizes the gambits from the first down to the last, meaning if the first condition is met (for example that there is an enemy in range), then it will do that action without checking the second condition (for example that an ally's HP is below 50%). This is why you put what you consider the most important at the top.

By setting for example the "ally hp: < 50%"(means less than 50%) condition before a "foe: nearest visible" condition, the game AI will first check if there are any allies with less than 50% HP. If there are none, it will continue to check if there are any visible foes, and if there is, it will check which is closest, then perform the assigned action on them.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x View Post
    i was stood outside the store 5 minutes before it opened, and purchased my copy at 1 minute past 9, was playing it by half past!?
    We are some of the very few here who actually went out and bought it.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

What do you mean by that? There aren't exactly few Europeans on this forum.

Bought it before i came to work last night, only got an hour in before i had to put it down, looks really good and vaan hasn't annoyed me yet (unlike squall and tidus) so thats a plus
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

i think he means that they actually went out and got it, like from a store, as the majority of other ppl seem to hav orderd it off of a website (play.com, amazon.com).

What i have shown you is reality....What you remember, that is the illusion

yup, i own up to that!!!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I love this game, every time I start to get bored something happens and it gets better XD

Quickenings FTW
    jkhkjg

I got mine on Thursday there was only one shop in the capital city of Sweden that had it.

Have played everyday since I buyed it and I love it so much.

I went and picked up my copy on the release day, im already hooked!!
    The place with the mimics is becoming annoying though lol!!
    Last edited by lionheart888; 02-25-2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: pellin error

gunblade master

Got it saterday. Played on it all night played on it sunday morrining.
    I'm up to the part you are on the levitan, (yes iknow i spelt it worng) And i'm loving it. No ones anoying me (YET). Lerned i was prononcing ifrit wrong for years.
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Can somebody tell me please what are the top rpg's upcoming for Europe? I know that in June Rogue Galaxy comes out. You guys who play FF XII should and will also play Rogue Galaxy. I wonder what else?

I wonder when these games will come out in Europe, or are some out yet?

FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus
    Xenosaga 3
    Disgaea 2
    Okami
    Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
    Tales of the Abyss
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade
    Rogue Galaxy

I wonder when those are released, try those!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronol...-playing_games
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Disgaea 2, Twilight Princess and Burning Crusade have all been out for quite some time now.

Yeah I just started playing FFXII before, and I'm only 4 hours into it. I'm up to that (SPOILER)huge spider thing, that is annoying because it keeps doing the ground or huge lightning move that nearly kills off my characters, if not it's the small little spiders afterwards that do.
    Last edited by Rostum; 02-26-2007 at 12:07 PM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I was on holiday last week, but I made my brother get it for me so I could play it when I got home this sunday. 5 hours in now, it seems to be pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Yeah I just started playing FFXII before, and I'm only 4 hours into it. I'm up to that (SPOILER)huge spider thing, that is annoying because it keeps doing the ground or huge lightning move that nearly kills off my characters, if not it's the small little spiders afterwards that do.
    Hey- word of advice!
    (SPOILER)Don't go for the little spiders, go for mama spider, and beat it silly.
    It's just annoying when it does it special moves and stuff- takes away a lot of HP!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.