Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK Release Day Today

Default UK Release Day Today

Yep its the release day of Final Fantasy XII in the UK today and my copy has not arrived from play.com yet! (Although i did leave it a bit late to order it ) but im hoping it will be here in the morning.

Just wanted to know who got their copy today and how the feel about the game?

I would go out tonite... SY_Hepcat's Avatar

Mine arrived from Amazon this morning. So far so good, good graphics and the customisation system will be fun (kind of got a ffx sphere grid feel to it).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got it this morning as well. Loving every minute of it - pure awesomeness!

Mine arrived from Amazon this morning too But my parents were out so no one recieved it (I send stuff from Amazon to my folks' place rather than mine ), I gotta go pick it up from the post office tomorrow

I'm just going to play IX until then.

i got it from amazon this morning.
    great game, but i'm worried i got too far- but i'm only level 11 for vaan.
    At the second imprisonment, is anyone that far?
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Got home at 6 and started, it's now gone 12 and I've been off it an hour or so. Pretty good. The dungeon I'm on seems to have dragged on a bit though. But still really entertaining.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hang in there, it gets a lot better after Barheim dungeon
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I finally managed to pick it up today, and am trying to keep an open mind on it, but its making me feel ill... This happens on other games too when the camera doesn't have a fixed perspective, but its the first FF to bring on this effect. I'm sad now

I ordered it off ebay and I got it on wednesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWaltz View Post
    Yep its the release day of Final Fantasy XII in the UK today and my copy has not arrived from play.com yet! (Although i did leave it a bit late to order it ) but im hoping it will be here in the morning.

Just wanted to know who got their copy today and how the feel about the game?
    I got mine on Thursday. I preordered it from Gameplay.co.uk and they have a habit of getting preorders to me a day before they're released. I'm already about 17 hours into the game. Done a lot of fighting - you can't not fight really because of how the world map travelling works. I'm at the Tomb of Raithwall currently. Note that I'll be past that most likely by about 5 hours by tomorrow afternoon (depending on whether I play it before I go to bed tonight or not - most likely I will be).
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50 KB filesize limit and far exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

got it today, not played yet...

Thanks for all the replies guys.

I got mine this morning! Started playing this afternoon and i am very impressed! The graphics are very nicely detailed and the cut scenes are great. I love the the battle system! Its the first final fantasy where i actually want to keep getting into fights. The licence board looks very interesting although i dont know what character i want to assign certain licences to. I was thinking frann as a healer, but i says shes a master of weapons, or does that not even matter?

Another thing i was wondering, do you all use the gambit system? becuse at the moment im just fighting manually. Althought i am still very early in the game. Ashe has just joined the party.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I think you should at least let a few of the most common actions be put on gambits. Such as attacking stuff that attacks themselves or allies. That way that person's turn won't be wasted if you're a bit slow on giving a command.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Yeah sorry i didnt mean that. I have left the rest of the party on default, i have not turned their gambits off. So yes they do attack auto after i attack. I just have not customised the gambits as i dont really competly understand it yet. As for the licence board, does it matter which character assign different licences to? aka frann as a white mage? (frann ftw, shes hot, must be a playboy bunny thing )

i was stood outside the store 5 minutes before it opened, and purchased my copy at 1 minute past 9, was playing it by half past!?

Why do you imprison your saviour?