Thread: Making a sunstone yet ?

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

299? They only sell for 193 in my game.

Still, yes, I was rich. Compared to what I was before that. Although, altogether it was about 157 skeletons, I just left on 57 the first time to go buy new weapons and crap.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    299? They only sell for 193 in my game.
    In mine too, I confused them with another bone loot. Still not too shabby!

Lhusu is going to be the best place for gil for a little while
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Let me see:

- Did you hunt the Rogue Tomato already?
    Yep, have done that.

- Did you return the packet to the Seeq?
    Donīt really sure, I donīt think so can some one explain what to do and when?

- Did you make a sunstone yet ?
    Yes I have, actually two times since I had to start the game all over once because I got stuck on to low level.

- How funny was your first death ?
    Canīt really remember my first death, but that little cactus with a flower on itīs head got me, I just couldnīt kill it. Which level is best for killing it?

-And finally, how many here have killed the first boss ? (That big fire horse before the castle)
    Yea, done that.

I was on lv. 7 first time I went to the palace and actually survieved it but due to problems later on in the game I had to start the game over and then was on lv. 10 when I came to the palace.
    Now I am on lv.11 and are in the beginning of the mines, those skeletons kills me when they attack in masses. What level is best when you are in the mines to survive the ship part that comes after?
    Last edited by Angel_from_hell; 02-26-2007 at 10:11 AM.

- Did you hunt the Rogue Tomato already ?
    Yes.

- Did you return the packet to the Seeq ?
    No.

- Did you make a sunstone yet ?
    Yes.

- How funny was your first death ?
    Haven't died yet.

And finally, how many here have killed the first boss ? (That big fire horse before the castle)
    Yep, done that too.

Boast your stat here
    Lv13 aboard the Leviathan. (SPOILER)Just rescued Ashe and am making my escape

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have a small question, and it's so small I don't feel like making a thread for it. You know the music during the load game screen, where do I know that music from? I swear I've heard it before only maybe slightly different. It sounds a bit like the music in Figaro Castle, but that's not it. Either way, that tune is awesome. It's almost so I don't want to load my game.

4-5 hours in, and I'm up to the Mimic Queen at level 6-7, and I think Bache is level 8. Anyways, this damn spider seems way too hard. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    I have a small question, and it's so small I don't feel like making a thread for it. You know the music during the load game screen, where do I know that music from? I swear I've heard it before only maybe slightly different. It sounds a bit like the music in Figaro Castle, but that's not it. Either way, that tune is awesome. It's almost so I don't want to load my game.
    It's the wonderful original music from FF1-4!
    I love listening to it before the load as well..
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Nah, not the classic FF intro music, the one after it at the load screen. :mog:

Yeah, that's FF4 theme music
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

It's been in numerous FF games. Levian you probably remember it from the FFVII end credits, or FFVIII end credits.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's usually called Prelude and you are correct DK it is a tradition in many FF games to have it. The battle with Gilgamesh (much later) song is also from previou FF games "Battle on the Bridge".

I thought no one could defeat that Mimic Queen at Barheim under level 10 but several people on this thread did it. How they managed I have no idea, at level 10 it was a bit hard to me.

To answer tyour question, the mission on the Leviathan right after the Lhusu mines can be done at level 13, if you run away from the Lhusu Boss (SPOILER)Ba'Ganmaan and his gang but to defeat the boss you need to be around level 20 (that's how high I was). At level 13 the LEviathan ship gives some people trouble with the Boss, at level 20 the ship and it's boss where a cakewalk.

BTW, here is the ONLY map of Leviathan on the net, ripped by yours truly

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    It's been in numerous FF games. Levian you probably remember it from the FFVII end credits, or FFVIII end credits.
    Yeah, I knew what it was immediately. Great tune.

I beat the mimic queen at level 8 and I know I was around 11-14 on the leviathan. I did have trouble there though, when I tripped an alarm and the whole place came running at me I died, and I couldn't beat the judges. So, I lvl'd up to around the ship until i had everyone to 14-16 and made easy work of it.

As for the palace and that at the beginning though I don't see any reason you can't go in there at lvl 5, which is what I was at.

I'm starting the game over now going for a perfect completion this time and I was lvl 7 going into the gramsycthe(sp?) waterway and lvl 11 at the mimic queen. I let the lights go out on purpose so I could fight the ghouls, skeletons, and specters. They are also tougher to fight so you get more levels and loot. With the loot I was able to get the javelin and the second gun (vega? i can't remember) before I fought the mimic queen by selling my loot to the bangaa at the beginning of the area.

EDIT: Btw the ONLY reason my level was 11 at the mimic queen is because when I get to a new area now I kill everything enough times to get the bestiary complete.
    Last edited by Beastykato; 02-26-2007 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Nah, not the classic FF intro music, the one after it at the load screen. :mog:
    Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    It's usually called Prelude and you are correct DK it is a tradition in many FF games to have it.
    It's not the Prelude he's talking about. It's just called "Main Theme of Final Fantasy" as you can see in the Tour de Japon concert. It's also played in the later Final Fantasy titles. (I believe I've heard it on end credits in FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, not sure about FF10-2 and obviously FF12 at the beginning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=195QtkOJCYg

Anyways, I might just start over again. I'm at the Mimic Queen but I don't have many med items and only fire for black magic. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yes, she is a toughie. Hang in there, you may luck out, who knows ?

At level 10 she was a 1/2 hour fight, not easy but not ridiculously difficult.