Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Making a sunstone yet ?

You can always back track to the beginning of the mines and purchase blizzard magic off of the bangaa vendor. You'll get yourself a level or two and the magic and probably have a much easier time too.

Also, I never did this but I read in one of the guides on gamefaqs that if you run all the way to the north of the map when fighting the mimic queen there is an area you can get in where she won't be able to reach you with physical attacks.

Is anyone doing the Hunts?

yes
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Default just braggin

HA HA!
    i haven't played ff since no.7 ( i was a kid), picked up ffx11 the other day (european) did tomato face/palace puzzle/firehorse & enroute to rabanastre with my newfound crew. I'M LEVEL 8. hell basch is only another level up lol

sure that wolf in the desert got me hard but i'm takin my boys down there without quickenings (wtf?)- gonna kick that bitch into touch then gonna take out that fool in the bar what gave me the dumb bill in first place- then the barman if he gives me jip-fool.
    & i got probably 2 level ups since the palace puzzle!
    Hell mayb were jus better gamers', i shud call myself Badboy Gamer from now

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Either better gamers or masochists. Overlevelling makes things so easy!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I beat Thextera with only Vaan in my party and no Quickenings. Took me awhile, but I finally managed to do it. Even where I'm at now I rarely ever use Quickenings. I license them mainly for the extra MP.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You gotta try chaining the quickenings! You will get some killer finishing moves by that

Quickening Combos

Also known as Concurrences. Depending on how many quickenings chained you can obtain one special attack, called Concurrence. Those are the finishers you get at the end of a quickening chain, if you fulfilled certain conditions. Note: Pulling off every concurrence unlocks Judge Gabranth in the Sky Pirate's Den.

* Inferno - 3x level 1 quickenings
    * Cataclysm - 5x level 1 quickenings
    * Torrent - 2x level 2 quickenings
    * Windburst - 5 x level 2 quickenings
    * Whiteout - 5x level 3 quickenings
    * Arc Blast - More than 2 hits on each of the 3 quickening levels
    * Luminescence - More than 3 hits on each of the 3 quickening levels
    * Black Hole - More than 4 hits on each of the 3 quickening levels

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    You gotta try chaining the quickenings! You will get some killer finishing moves by that

Quickening Combos

Also known as Concurrences. Depending on how many quickenings chained you can obtain one special attack, called Concurrence. Those are the finishers you get at the end of a quickening chain, if you fulfilled certain conditions. Note: Pulling off every concurrence unlocks Judge Gabranth in the Sky Pirate's Den.

* Inferno - 3x level 1 quickenings
    * Cataclysm - 5x level 1 quickenings
    * Torrent - 2x level 2 quickenings
    * Windburst - 5 x level 2 quickenings
    * Whiteout - 5x level 3 quickenings
    * Arc Blast - More than 2 hits on each of the 3 quickening levels
    * Luminescence - More than 3 hits on each of the 3 quickening levels
    * Black Hole - More than 4 hits on each of the 3 quickening levels
    I know, but I suck at chaining them. I have everyone's level 2 Quickening, but the highest I've ever gotten is Torrent. Every other Concurrence that I've gotten is Inferno, which does crap damage. Torrent did like 23k against Trickster so I thought that was pretty nice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Hey help!

I am finding it really hard to Level. I have done the escape the Ba'gamen (Grrr can't wait to come back and whoop his ass!) Yet my team are Vaan:10, Balthier:11,Fran:8!,Basch,11. Oh I have done the bit where Vaan acts like a idiot shouting at people.:mog:

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

hihi, the "I am Basch" quest ? My kids loved it!

You just left the best place to level at the point you are: Lhusu mines. Chain skeletons on that straight stretch right before you reach the Ba'Ganman gang. They show up at 40-50 per turn and drop bone fragments which you can sell at $193 gil a piece. Level up and get rich too

From what I've seen on the boards, you are a wee bit weak to go to the next "dungeon", the Leviathan, so get to level 13 at least. I'm told the boss there might need level 15. I pwned him at level 20

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know, I am going nowhere near the dreadnought Leviathan, And instead going at Lhusu mines. 1 Q, will them damn Ba'gamman be there to suprise me?

BTW TY!!!!

It is SOOO hard to Lv is it not? And LP points.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post
    I know, I am going nowhere near the dreadnought Leviathan, And instead going at Lhusu mines. 1 Q, will them damn Ba'gamman be there to suprise me?

BTW TY!!!!

It is SOOO hard to Lv is it not? And LP points.
    No, not really. I have so much LP that I don't know what to do with them. :/

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Best chain I got is Arc Blast... Those others sound harrrrd.
    jkhkjg

you know, you dont really have to be at level 15 for the boss in the dungeon. I was like level 13 and beat it with ease, and trained a lot while on board leviathan.
    So just level up a bit, then relax and thats that!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

It's easy enough to level, it just takes longer than other FF games (exception being FFXI). I easily got from level 14 to level 19/20 around the Sandsea, just killing the red mandragora's -- stealing their succulent fruit that sells for around 400g a piece. So I easily made around 40,000g-50,000g in that level up spree.

Now I'm just going to finish off the hunts I currently have because I have (SPOILER)Vosseler in my party to help!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."