Thread: Windvane...I can't get it...

Default Windvane...I can't get it...

I'm trying to get the windvane that's in westersands under one of the cactai. I'm only lvl 24 so I know I can't fight the monster that's in the area with the sandstorm, but I just happened to talk to the NPC at the westgate and took on the quest for him.

So, I went and found the two guys you have to speak to, the ones by storehouse 5 and the center fountain. However, when I go to the westersands and search the any of the cactai it always says "you searched but found nothing"

Is there something else I have to do or is the game just F'in with me?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You probably must go through another game event before the Windvane shows up. Most people do this quest a lot later in the game.

Wait till you get to Archades to do it.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

The right cactus is in the lower eastern section of the Windtrace Dunes. Just check all of the cactai and it will be there. I did this after Mt. Bur-Omisace. I haven't killed w/e it is that I am supposed to kill yet.

I did this as soon as I got the quest.. or somewhat after. ya... do a 'event' first. (Like the 'I am (not) basch' one.)

The smallest area of the Eastersands has it. It's a little area that leads nowhere but is considered one of the most southernly regions by the game. Should show you where it is. Go get the vane at your leasure, the beast is smurfing tough. (Or just span out your mist abilties.)
    [I]All Your Images Belong to The Overchan v2!

Webfiction | Leaving the Light. - Fanfics | Dark Distorted Mirror | Shinji and Warhammer40k | Starcrossed |

My real estate agent, old Jill
    Has excellent properties still;
    There's none of it bland,
    Still top-dollar, and
    Has vacancies I'd love to fill

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It makes the sandstorm stop on that area where you can't get in because of the fierce sandstorms
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs: