Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Final Fantasy VI Advance - Perfect Playthrough

What happened at the floating continent?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Please let us know what happened on the Floating Continent. How are you playing the game? Are you using an emulator?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    I'm playing on my actual GBA Micro

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Please let us know what happened on the Floating Continent.
    In this particular playthrough, it is necessary to go through the Floating Continent three different times with different groups. On the first pass you do not pick up Shadow, and instead leave him laying on the ground near the beginning. I opted to take out Ultima Weapon during this pass to save myself a hair of trouble later, however, I did not expect it to make Shadow mysteriously disappear from the Floating Continent, and since I saved afterward, I was forced to revert to a much earlier save.

Unlike the many other guides I have been closely reading as I play, my guide will obviously include a warning to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator

That is very strange. As far as I know, most of the glitches on the Gameboy Advance port were addressed and fixed. There is a glitch where you can permanently lose a character somehow through the Blackjack around the time of the Floating Continent that works on the Gameboy Advance port, but that sounds like something outside of the scope from what you described —
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I actually just started playing my FFVI Advance today, but I doubt I'll have the patience to do a Perfect Playthrough. I am planning to have every magic mastered for every character by the end, however. (SPOILER)Key Word = planning.
    so many flashing lights

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

For the first time ever, I managed to perform what I considered a perfect playthrough when I played FFVI Advance for the first time. After I obtained my first espers I always made sure that someone had the best stat-increasing esper equipped when they leveled up. Then, in the World of Ruin, I obtained the best stat-increasing espers, like Cactuar, and only leveled up with the best espers until I was level 99 and only learned magic in the fanatics tower when I was under level 99. I also made good use of the Coliseum to obtain the rarer equipment that you can, like stealing Thunder Shields in Kefka's Tower to bet them for Genji Shields.

I ended up with a super-elite party that made mince meat of the Kaiser Dragon and the Soul Shrine but it felt like work. The entire game was a lot of planning and effort that ended up sucking a lot of the fun out of the game for me. But I can say I've done it now and can go about my business.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    I actually just started playing my FFVI Advance today, but I doubt I'll have the patience to do a Perfect Playthrough. I am planning to have every magic mastered for every character by the end, however. (SPOILER)Key Word = planning.
    I've done that a bunch of times. :P It's time consuming.