Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Longest RPG you ever played

around 70 hours in DQVII and about 100 in FFX most RPGs I like have over 50 hours into them, the one's I've had for longer at least, I haven't been able to really get into any lately.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Morrowind. I've... I don't even know. It's a lot. A whole Hux of a lot of time. More than I care to even think about.

FFVII must rank pretty highly, seeing as I'm on something like my 19th play through it.

FFX as well, not as long, but still high up there. Three or four plays through, two of which were serious collection/completion business.

Standard story? Legend of Legaia (Still not finished it) or Star Ocean 3.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've had plenty that I've run up about 50-60 hours on in the past, but to beat just the story, I'll go with FFXII. I still haven't had the time to beat it, but I'd estimate I'm a good 10-20 hours from beating it and I've already run the clock up over 45 hours I think at last play session. This is the only RPG except for FFT that I haven't beaten in 35 hours or less on the first playthrough.

It is probably Final Fantasy VI, I had the timer at 99:99 which I think was the max. But my characters were all level 99 and had all of the spells and espers and every sidequest done. That should beat out Final Fantasy XII, in which I am currently 105 hours into it.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Articles
    Blog Entries

Morrowind, at 134 hours. Also, Dragon Quest VII at 214 hours, but 1/2 of that was sidequests.

FF XII. It's the first RPG where I spend more than 80 hours. And I still haven't beaten it

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't be able to stand spending that much time in a console RPG. I have about 30 hours in an FFIX game I started a few weeks ago and I killed three of the Memoria bosses before I got bored and stopped playing.

I'd imagine the most amount of time I've spent was probably in Fallout 2. I had some beasty equipment in that game. I never actually finished it, though. I got close, but never actually went to the end.

I have around 75 hours on Suikoden V, if I remember correctly.

Although, I've played Suikoden III dozens of times. Overall, that's the game I have the most hours on.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

If it's overall hours, definitely FFVII. Like hux, I'm on like my 19th playthrough, and average about 60 hours to get everything done, so...just a bit. xD

The first would be Final Fantasy X cause I have 87 hours total and the second one would be Tales of Symphonia where I have 47 hours.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I've invested countless hours into nearly all of my Pokémon and (if they count as RPGs) Fire Emblem games.

oh Fire emblem by far if they count. Not by what the timer actually says, but when you play a whole mission on the hardest difficulty, then make a stupid mistake or get really unlucky right at the end, you just blew an hour+ on this mission to have someone die! I don't like them dieing, so restart!

Otherwise, idk. MMORPG can't count, otherwise it'd probably be one of those. I'm gonna have to say, FFVI or Tales of Symphonia. Both amazing games in their own way, and two of my favorite RPGs ever.

THE JACK</>EL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

FF X international version 152 hrs HAH!

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

How the hell do you spend more than eighty hours (if even that) on a FF game? I'm pretty sure it's possible to complete most of them 100% in less than eighty hours.

Morrowind for me too, but definitely not over 100 hours. Besides that, Ultima VII took around 50-60 hours to complete.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Overall? FF7. Multiple playthroughs. Followed by FFT.

In one playthrough? FFXII (100+ hours). Followed by Suikoden V (80+ hours).