Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Captain America vs. Cloud Strife

Captain America... cuz he's American... and cool.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think even the physical boosting materia gives Cloud the edge over Captain America, who is far stronger and better trained. Cloud is young and his training is fairly poor in comparison to Captain America, who has extensive training in many arts involved with beating the crap out of people. Plus, Captain America is the pinnacle of human capability, whereas Cloud is a failed clone.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

On one hand, Cloud is quite agile and superhuman in many respects, even without equipment.

On the other, Captain America is a marvel superhero and has quite superhuman abilities and strength.

I can't call it either way. It almost seems like comparing apples to oranges, especially since both heroes exist in completely separate universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraid View Post
    both heroes exist in completely separate universes.
    This is a good point, it's hard to incorporate Magic into the Marvel Universe successfully and gauge it's power, after all Dr Strange is one of the most powerful Marvel characters and that's his thing.
    Maybe if we were using FF physics Cloud would win for having home advantage of such powerful magic.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Wikipedia also says this about his shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Captain America uses several shields throughout his history, the most recognizable of which is an indestructible discus-shaped shield made from a fusion of vibranium with an experimental steel alloy (not adamantium-vibranium as sometimes erroneously stated).
    In a fight, I think Captain America would win. Unless Cloud could find a way to bypass the shield, which would be unlikely.
    This is a signature.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Doesn't Cloud have more than one sword used in Advent Children? Pretty sure Captain America only has one shield, so if it's just a case of "Can Cloud get through the shield?" then the answer would logically be "Yes."
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Doesn't Cloud have more than one sword used in Advent Children? Pretty sure Captain America only has one shield, so if it's just a case of "Can Cloud get through the shield?" then the answer would logically be "Yes."
    The other question is could Cloud actually pull of that weird omnislash on Captain america, who with his inhuman speed and power and 3 forms of martail arts be likely to get caught in a circle of Swords? No.

And for another note, Cloud uses each sword seperatley, not at once. Cap only needs to block each strike as they come. And given his speed, turning to block each strike is nothing for the true spirit of america.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't see why Cloud can't use two of his smaller, lighter swords at once, particularly given that he often uses a single hand to wield the big one.

But as I've said earlier in the thread, Cloud is at a distinct disadvantage given that he has to wait a few seconds between every hit, what with the FFVII battle format.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

He could, but fighting with two weapons at the same time is very awkward unless you are appropriately trained for such a thing. And since Cloud usually doesn't duel wield his weapons, that puts him at a disadvantage. He would be slower on that attack, even without a few second pause in between attacks. Slow enough for Captain America to bring his shield around to block a second attack.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

You're comparing a young man with a giant sword versus a trained supersoldier with an indestructible shield? This is no contest.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

So if we breathed the breath of life into both of them I still see cloud winning.

Captain america throws his shield, Cloud speeds using his super human abilities and decapitates cap. We all know cloud is faster, and physically stronger. I also could see cloud batting away the shield using his superior strength.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cloud's not faster than Captain America. Cloud's not stronger than Captain America. Cloud can't conceivably break Captain America's defense because Captain America is just that much superior to Cloud in terms of training and skill.

Also, on the duel-wielding, that's generally a fairly inefficient combat tactic. That aside, when I watched Advent Children I always though Cloud looked fairly awkward using two weapons. It's not his forte, and doing that against Captain America is a recipe for disaster.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw starwind View Post
    We all know cloud is faster, and physically stronger. I also could see cloud batting away the shield using his superior strength.
    I just want to say ROFLMAO, because if you had any knowledge of anything, you'd know this statement is false.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw starwind View Post
    I also could see cloud batting away the shield using his superior strength.
    Since Cap's shield is made partially of Vibranium absorbs most kinetic energy that hits it. It's why he can use it to block shots from characters with super strength on a regular basis without breaking his arm. Nothing Cloud has ever done suggests to me that he can hit it with enough force to simply bat it away.

For that matter, he doesn't have super speed. I might grant that he'd have superhuman strength given the things he did in Advent Children, but that's exaggerated Anime style fighting, so it'd be anyones guess. Regardless, Cap would likely be as fast or faster, and he doesn't need to be stronger to beat him.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I just could see cloud so easily catching cap on the side with a good bat with that cleaver weapon of his. Super strength if it transfers all over your body you will be faster than noral. Super strong legs = higher jumps and faster feet

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.